This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

When you are stuck with curly hair, embracing it can be a challenge. The frizz, the tangles, the obscene mop on your head, it is all one giant pain in the you-know-what. Believe me, I know. But over the last several years I have learn to love and show off my crazy curls. So put down that straightener because here are some reasons why you should too.

One of the best benefits of curly hair is that it is so versatile! You can wear your hair in so many different styles and it looks great in a beanie or flowing over your favorite fall scarf.  It is so low maintenance.

Often times we never know what to do with the mess we have on our heads, so putting our hair up in a pony is the ultimate go to. You’re in luck if you have those luscious curls because it can make any ponytail or messy bun sexy.

The thing a lot of people forget to realize about curly hair is that it does not have to be washed it every day and you will always have volume to your hair. EMBRACE THE MESSY HAIR DO. In fact, not washing your hair everyday actually helps your hair become more healthy and happy. Dry shampoo should become your new best friend and in the long run you are saving so much money on volumizing products and loads shampoos and conditioners.  Winning!

In a nutshell, curly hair is fun. It gives you that extra “oomph!” to your style. No matter what people say your curls make you bold and beautiful. Embrace the natural side of you. Blending in is boring, let those big beautiful curls make you stand out from the crowd and give your hair some personality. 

Just a 5'4" independent and free spirited woman, easily inspired and always smiling. While I'm not on here spilling all my thoughts and writing my heart out, I thoroughly enjoy drawing, blogging, adventuring and of course dancing around in my underwear and eating mac and cheese. It's the simple things in life that truly make me who I am. I currently reside in Milwaukee, Wisco and inspire to be a pediatric nurse.