This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

As of October 27th, 2023, Taylor Swift has reclaimed her 2014 album, 1989. This iconic pop album has been the soundtrack for a whole generation, whether you like it or not. In honour of its re-release, I’ve assigned each zodiac sign a song from the album (including vault tracks).

1. Aries (March 21 – April 19): “Suburban Legends”

Aries embodies the “I didn’t come here to make friends” attitude, so it’s only fitting to assign our Aries friends “Suburban Legends.” Aries are passionate and assertive, and this song is all about knowing what you deserve, which is exactly what you would expect from an Aries.

2. Taurus (April 20 – May 20): “Style”

What song is more fitting for the sensual Tauruses in our lives than the iconic “Style”? This is probably the most sensual song on 1989, and with their appreciation for the finer things in life, it’s safe to say Taurus truly embodies this song.

3. Gemini (May 21 – June 20): “Is It Over Now?”

Geminis are communicative and can be hard to read, so it makes sense to give them “Is It Over Now?”, the last song from the vault. Anyone who knows a Gemini knows that they want answers, and this song is all about wanting to know when a relationship really broke down.

4. Cancer (June 21 – July 22): “I Wish You Would”

Cancers are incredibly sentimental, and “I Wish You Would” is the perfect partner song for our idealistic, loving Cancer friends. Who else would be more willing to fight for a relationship than a Cancer?

5. Leo (July 23 – August 22): “Welcome to New York”

Let’s be honest here: Leos are bold, bright, and outgoing, which perfectly complements New York City. Leos exude star-power, so what better song to personify a Leo than “Welcome to New York”?

6. Virgo (August 23 – September 22): “All You Had To Do Was Stay”

I know everyone thinks that “Clean” is Virgo’s song, but I think “All You Had To Do Was Stay” is a better fit. Virgos love emotional and mental clarity, and “All You Had To Do Was Stay” is all about wanting to work things out rather than giving up, something Virgos exemplify- they won’t take the easy way out if there is a solution in their grasp.

7. Libra (September 23 – October 22): “How You Get the Girl”

Libras are incredibly fair and logical, so a song about winning someone over in simple steps is the perfect song for them, enter “How You Get the Girl.” Libras are always going to try to play a mediator and wingman, making this song their perfect anthem.

8. Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): “I Know Places”

Would anyone expect anything less than a moody, mysterious, and intense song for a Scorpio? “I Know Places” is the perfect representation of a Scorpio’s desire to keep their love life private and personal.

9. Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): “Slut!”

As a Sagittarius, the song “Slut!” spoke to me before I had even heard it. When you’re more focused on experiences rather than optics like a Sag, it’s easy to get a bad reputation. The idea of taking criticism in stride is very characteristic of a Sag, and what lyric embodies a Sag more than “If I’m all dressed up, they might as well be looking at us”?

10. Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): “Now That We Don’t Talk”

Capricorns are known to be focused on long-term goals, and “Now That We Don’t Talk” is all about looking ahead after a breakup. The song is a very mature way to reminisce on a breakup, while prioritizing yourself.

11. Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): “Shake It Off”

Aquarians are known to be innovative and independent, making “Shake It Off” the perfect song for them. This upbeat song about ignoring negativity is perfect for the independent thinker that is an Aquarius.

12. Pisces (February 19 – March 20): “Say Don’t Go”

I think this song is the sister song to “Clean,” so it’s fitting that our emotional Pisces gets one of the most heartbreaking, emotionally charged songs on the album. It’s the perfect combination of emotional and dreamy, fitting perfectly into Pisces’ vibes.

Jaime Nemett

UWindsor '24

Jaime is an undergrad student in Forensics Science with a concentration in Biology at UWindsor. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, music, drawing, and rewatching her favourite TV shows and movies.