Zachary Dereniowski: An Optimistic Dreamer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

What year are you currently in and what major are you studying at the University of Windsor?

I am currently in my 4th year Bachelor of Human Kinetics (Honours Kinesiology) with Movement Science Major.

What experiences and opportunities do you aspire to get out of your specific major?

As I am in my final semester of my Bachelor of Human Kinetics, the experiences and opportunities I attained are endless. The Human Kinetics program is engulfed with like-minded students and professors who strive to teach and learn about the art and science of the human body.

What career path do you wish to travel upon once you have graduated?

Once I am completed my undergraduate degree in April, I intend on branching off to either one of two forms of graduate school; Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.). Recently I have been accepted into University of Western States, Life University and Life College of Chiropractic West’s D.C. programs. Additionally, at the end of the summer I plan on taking my MCAT’s, seeing my results and going forward in either direction of the medical field.

Since you’re in your final year at the university — do you have any post-graduation plans?

To be honest, my only post-graduation plans are to prepare for MCAT’s, work part-time for my dad at Advanced Home Services and spend time with my lovely girlfriend.

Do you hope to accomplish anything while still in school?

My last goal of my bachelor degree is to work hard this next month and attain a 90-95% GPA average.

Once you have completed your degree, do you plan on travelling or unwinding from the academic and working lifestyle for a bit?

Once my degree is completed, I don’t plan on travelling or unwinding since I am only starting my academic journey.

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Interpersonal, hard-working and resilient.

If you could reside anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Last winter, I did an international exchange to Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia. Australian’s version of ‘living’ is a completely different mindset from our North American culture. It would be spectacular to be able to travel back and move someday to Australia.

Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?

In 5-10 years I see myself officially completed school, settled down somewhere (could be anywhere in the world at this point) and hopefully starting a family.

Having spent the past 5 years at the University of Windsor, would you say you are proud to be a Lancer?

Yes. Not only am I a Lancer, I am a proud student of one of the best Human Kinetics programs in the country. Never did I feel more proud of being a University of Windsor student than when I was in Australia. Throughout that experience, I realized what being a Canadian truly means.

A photo of Zachary and his beautiful girlfriend! 

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.