Winter Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Even though technically, winter has not started yet and the weather is not at all wintery, Winter is fast approaching. There are so many things to do in the Winter season, how can anyone fit them all in? This is my Winter 2016/2017 bucket list.

1. Ice Skating

Ice skating is a must need for every Winter bucket list and has always been one of my personal favourites. Is Winter even Winter if you don’t go ice skating?

2.Sleding

Again, another basic Winter hobby, that is crucial for a Winter bucket list. If you’re young or old, sledding is always fun for everyone, so grab your friends or family and head out to a hill as soon as the snow falls!

3. Watching Christmas Movies

Everyone knows that Winter brings the holiday season, and who doesn’t love curling up and watching their favourite Christmas movies? My recommendations would be Elf, Polar Express, Frosty and Rudolf.

4. Trying All the Starbucks Holiday Drinks

I don’t know if this is just me, but one of my ultimate goals this Winter is to try every Starbucks holiday drink. So far, my favourite would have to be the Chestnut Praline Latte.

5. Going to Christmas Light Displays

A lot of places around Windsor Essex County will set up amazing Christmas light displays. My favourite is the Amherstburg light display and it is one of my favourite things to go to each year.

6. Gift Shopping

I love buying gifts for people even if my bank account does not. Even if you can’t afford luxurious gifts, it’s always nice to buy little things for your friends and family for the holidays. And who doesn’t love shopping? This should be a winter bucket list must.

7. Fires and Hot Chocolate

Curling up next to a fire with a cup of hot chocolate, what can be better than that?

8. Build a Snowman

As long as there’s actually snow this year, building a snowman is a necessity. Get together with your friends or family members, go outside as the snow if still falling, and put together a masterpiece of a snowman.

9. Go For a Walk in the Snow

Going for a walk with your dog, or a friend through a snowy forest is a simple yet relaxing and amazing way to spend a wintery afternoon.

10. Knit Scarves

Some may say this doesn’t belong on a bucket list, but one of the things I am most excited for about winter is wearing knit scarves, therefore it completes my bucket list.

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.