This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

There are so many places in the world that I hope to travel to someday– if my bank account allows me to. Every year, I usually go on a handful of vacations and many day-trips. My friends and I always make an effort to plan 2 to 3 trips that range from 3 to 5 days, and my family and I usually go on a few weekend trips and one longer trip. We tend to go away for a week somewhere that requires a plan to arrive. The only exception to this  unsaid ‘up to one week’ rule was when we traveled to Europe for a month.

I travel quite frequently, and I love it! But there are so many places that I  have yet to discover and experience. I am going to list them below and maybe you might find them interesting and will want to check them out for yourself.

1. Bali

I have been wanting to go to Bali for YEARS now. I’ve seen pictures of what it looks like and it seems like an absolute paradise. The places you can stay are built over water and private. They also have private getaways that would be ideal to visit  with a partner. Not only is it beautiful, but once you arrive, everything is relatively inexpensive. The  ticket, however, is on the pricier side, and the travel time is quite long. But once you are there, you might only spend $100 a day that includes a place to stay, food, and some activities! 

1. Ibiza

Ever since I became a huge fan of EDM and House music towards my final year in high school, I have been dreaming about going to Ibiza. It’s no secret that the island is home to many music festivals. It is the absolute EDM and House music party central. Not only that, but it is absolutely beautiful there and the places you can stay at are mesmerizing. Unfortunately, it is much more expensive to travel and to stay in Ibiza. Also, you have to pay for  the music festivals that you want to go to. So, I’m going to have to save up for this trip for much further down the road.

1. Philippines 

I have always found the Philippines to be absolutely gorgeous. I actually have a family member who lives there and is constantly posting about his life there. The water doesn’t even look real! I haven’t really looked too much into the pricing of this country but I am extremely intrigued to check it out. I would love to not only travel to the Philippines, but to discover as much of Asia as I can. 

1. Australia

Australia has been a country that I’ve been wanting to go to since I was a kid. Of course I’ve heard about the crazy insects that you might come across, but that  hasn’t scared me off yet. The reason I want to check it out is much different than the other reasons I’ve given so far. My dad immigrated from Poland to Canada when he was 11 years old, but he had the option to go to Australia. It might seem a little strange but I’ve always wanted to go to Australia to see what life would’ve been like, if my dad had gone to Australia instead. 

1. Greece

This is a country that I’ve heard many people say they want to travel to. Just like Australia, I’ve always dreamt about going to Greece. My inspiration to travel there stems from the classic movie Mamma Mia. I’ve also always loved Greek food and I got lucky enough to work at a Greek restaurant. It is probably one of the most expensive places you can travel to, but I definitely want to check it out for its beauty, food, and culture. 

1. Hawaii

The last place on my bucket list to travel to is Hawaii.  When people think about traveling somewhere tropical, Hawaii is the country everyone wants to go to but never does. There’s a few reasons for this and those reasons have prevented my family and I from going as well. The first one is the travel time. The flight is over 12 hours long. This is quite difficult to do when you still have young kids. And, of course, it’s extremely expensive. Considering all of that, it’s still a country I want to travel to one day. 

All of the places that I’ve mentioned are  destinations that I dream about going to. I hope that one day (soon), I’ll have the opportunity to travel to one of them and instead of writing an article that fantasizes about them, I can write an article about my experiences!

Olivia Stanco

UWindsor '23

Hello my name is Olivia! I hope you love reading my articles just as much as I love writing them.