Style

What to Put on Your College Christmas Wishlist

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Thinking about what you need on your Christmas wish list that may come in handy in the new semester or New Year? Well, I’ve compiled a list of must-haves as you step into the second half of the school year!

Extra-long power cord

Ever had trouble reaching a power outlet, or felt uncomfortable and wanted to switch spots while still being able to charge your device? If so, you absolutely need a longer power cord. These come in handy even at libraries or coffee shops when you’re busy and need to charge your device at a not-so-convenient location. You can shop this item here:

portable charger

What if you can’t find an outlet at all and absolutely need to charge your device? The solution: a portable charger! Shop this item here:

NOISE-CANCELLING HEADPHONES

Dorm rooms and other public places aren’t always the best places to study. With noise-cancelling headphones, tune out those distractions and tune in to your studying! Shop a few good deals here:

LAPTOP COOLING PAD

When I first learned about this accessory, I thought it was so cool! Personally, I’ve had my laptop overheat far too many times (I don’t blame the laptop, considering the endless number of tabs and documents I usually have open, and the fact that I never power it off). With a cooling pad for your laptop, you can easily rest it on a surface without worrying about it becoming a hot plate! It is also portable and features a USB port for additional devices. Shop this item here:

bEDSIDE CADDY

If you’re anything like me, you’ll fall asleep with all your work accessories on your side table. When I wake up, I usually have my laptop and notebooks stacked beside me so I can reach for them if need be. However, this isn’t very convenient, nor does it look good. With a bedside caddy, you can keep all your important items at your bedside without cluttering your space. Shop a few options I liked here:

Smart LED Desk Lamp

This is a must-have. You need a lamp at your desk when you work late nights…but how about a smart lamp? A smart lamp features a wireless charging station for your phone and can be controlled by an app for music! If you don’t have one already, what are you waiting for?

P.S. I have this exact lamp in white from Costco, and it’s a lifesaver!

https://www.costco.ca/ottlite-wireless-charging-led-lamp-with-colour–changing-base-.product.100564136.html?langId=-24

Dry-Erase Sticky Notes

Tired of throwing out all your sticky notes after each use? Tired of losing your sticky notes? Here is the solution!  Dry-erase sticky notes stick to a variety of surfaces, such as your fridge, mirror, laptop, and glass. They’re reusable and a great one-time investment. Shop this item here:

mini fridge

As a university student, you absolutely need a mini-fridge to keep your drinks cool! We tend to stay seated in one place and often forget to get up for drinks, such as water, tea, or coffee. With a mini-fridge, keep all your drinks at your desk! Shop this item here in a variety of colours:

Smart Notebook

Take note-taking to a whole new level! Record your notes and then send them to the Cloud using the free app provided by your smart notebook. Stop wasting paper and never lose your notes! This item is so affordable, and with Christmas coupons, can come out to as low as $15. Shop this item here in a variety of sizes and paper (lined or blank):

wi-fi range extender

Accessing the internet for homework or streaming on a busy college campus can be difficult—college students know this struggle far too well.  Plug in this extender and gain a better Wi-Fi signal! Shop this item here:

smartphone printer

As college students, we should make as many memories as possible. A very good gift idea is a smartphone printer, which lets you wirelessly print photos on the go! Shop this item here in a variety of colours:

Mug Warmer

Have you ever let your hot drink turn ice-cold as you get caught up in work? Well, never let that happen again! With a coffee mug warmer, place your warm drink on the plate to keep it warm. Shop this item here at a very good price (Salton is a good company, and I have one of these myself!):

That’s it, folks! This wraps up the list and my last article of 2021! I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays, and I look forward to providing everyone with more content in the New Year! Be sure to test some of these products and let me know what you think by leaving us a comment on social media or emailing us at hc.uwindsor@hercampus.com!

Gauri Kumar

UWindsor '24

A dedicated, enthusiastic and driven Nursing Student at the University of Windsor with a passion for providing support and quality health care to our community. In her free time, she enjoys finding opportunities to support others, get involved, and take on challenges. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out!