What Joining Her Campus Has Done for Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

I joined Her Campus during second semester of my first year. I had received an email in search of new members, and I decided to apply I figured I had nothing to lose; I was new to the University, I loved to write, and I thought this would be a good outlet for me.

Once I started writing and editing, I’ll admit, it was a bit stressful to balance my new responsibility while I was still adjusting to university life. I had an article due every week that I had to write, and I also had homework. But if anything, that was a positive experience for me because it helped me become even more organized and taught me better time management skills. Over the summer I pre- wrote a bunch of articles so I didn’t run into the same problem this year!

Not only did this new responsibility make me a better student, but it also made me a better person. Writing is something I’m passionate about and having a public outlet has encouraged me to create the best content. I try to pick topics I’m passionate about, hoping my passion is portrayed in my writing. Producing content for our amazing followers is something I love doing! I like being able to share my thoughts and opinions with the world and maybe teaching someone something new, or even teach myself.

Being a student is crazy busy. You barely have time to blink and the school year is gone! Through exams, studying, and assignments, it’s hard to find time to do anything you actually enjoy outside of school work. Her Campus has been the perfect outlet for me to continue my creative writing in between school work and the team is willing to work with your schedule.

The women I’ve met and work alongside are amazing. I’m so thankful to be a part of such a supportive group of girls! Independently, they are phenomenal women killing the game! I’ve only known these ladies for one semester, but friendships are already blooming. I’m excited to build our relationships this year and learn more about the girls I work with.

Joining Her Campus has been such a positive experience. I highly encourage you to check out your school’s HC Chapter and consider joining it. It is not something you’ll regret.

Meghan is a second year English Major at the University of Windsor. She is minoring in Environmental Science. Meghan loves fashion, reading and writing, and nature/the environment. She hopes to enter the world of Editing or Journalism after University. Meghan is excited to share her ideas and opinions with the Her Campus followers!