Starbucks Frapp Closeup
Starbucks Frapp Closeup
Keriss101 / Spoon

V-Day Starbucks Drinks to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Every Valentine’s Day, Starbucks has a cute collection of beverages and sugary goods—mostly Valentine’s Day themed—that you can pick up on the way to work to get into the spirit. The sugary goods include an assortment of sugar cookies and confetti hearts cake pops that are chocolate flavored. The drink menu typically includes one or two unique beverages, but you can also always customize another typical drink option and add your own choice of syrup/espresso shots. Some of the drink options include: 

1)   Molten Chocolate Latte Espresso drink (V-Day special) 

This is available in your local Wal-Mart or at your Starbucks for a drink to go. This drink comprises a latte, which has your daily dose of caffeine, with a sweet twist—extra chocolate to kick-start your day. This drink is chilled, but you can also heat it up in your microwave if you are craving a warm drink instead.

2)   Cherry Mocha (V-Day special) 

Just like last year, Starbucks has a Cherry Mocha drink made up of a regular chocolate-y mocha topped with whipped cream and cherry flavoring. This drink can be ordered as a blended Frappuccino drink, or as a hot beverage (depending on personal preference). It is topped with V-Day themed sprinkles that are going to leave you feeling warm and smiling all day long.

3)   Valentine Frappuccino (customizable) 

If you’re eager to try your own concoction, you can order a strawberries and crème Frappuccino, to which you can add vanilla bean to the middle to give that additional boost of vanilla. You can also add raspberry (or cherry) syrup, topping it off with blackberries. This drink is similar to the cherry mocha, but consists of a traditional strawberries and crème with your own customized syrup options – meaning that there is less room for experimentation if you are afraid of experimenting.

4)   Love Bean Frappuccino (customizable)

Another great fruity option is ordering a vanilla bean Frappuccino (another Starbucks classic) and adding pumps of raspberry (you can choose how many pumps), along with raspberry whipped crème, and chocolate curls if you crave something extra sweet on top. This drink is also another safe option if you are afraid to try the cherry mocha beverage, or if you want to get your usual vanilla bean Frappuccino with a little twist.

5)   Raspberry Caramel Macchiato (customizable) 

If you love caramel macchiatos (iced or hot), you can choose to get your usual caramel macchiato and then add some syrup. You can add raspberry or cherry syrup at the bottom instead of adding vanilla (or you can do both)! This also a great sweet treat for Valentine’s Day with that much-needed boost of caffeine.

This Valentine’s Day, if you are eager to try something new, choose Starbucks’ Cherry Mocha or customize your own favorites to get in the spirit. If you do not want to try these drinks, or you just prefer your daily latte, that is totally okay!  Happy Valentine’s Day!

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.