Style > Beauty

Top 5 Drugstore Dupes for High-End Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

1.Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment vs. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

Both of these lip balms are super hydrating and both are formulated with  reparative oils and waxes to nourish and hydrate any dry lips.

Maybelline Baby Lips retails- $3.96 CAN

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment retails- $28.00 CAN

2.  Mac Cosmetics “Russian Red” vs. Revlon “Really Red”

Looking for that perfect red lip colour but don’t want to pay an arm and a leg? Revlon has an endless collection of beautiful lip shades that are of equal quality and formula as those from Mac Cosmetics.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick “Really Red”- $7.46 CAN

Mac Cosmetics Lipstick “Passion Red”- $20.00 CAN

3. Nars Blush “Orgasm” vs. Milani Baked Blush “Luminoso”

Both of these blushes have amazing pigmentation and look so beautiful on the skin. They add a great luminous, healthy glow to the cheeks and have amazing staying power.

Nars Blush “Orgasm”- $38.00 CAN

Milani Baked Blush “Luminoso”- $6.97 CAN

4. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm vs. CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

Jumbo lip balms are a great alternative to lip gloss as they provide a non-sticky texture while still portraying a beautiful sheen to the lips. Both Clinique and CoverGirl have amazing jumbo lip balms and are extremely similar in formula and texture.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm- $20.00 CAN

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm- $7.51 CAN

5. Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer vs. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer

Priming the skin before makeup application is essential when wanting your makeup to last all night. Both of these primers aid towards extending the longevity of your foundation as well as smoothing the skin and filling in any fine lines or pores for a flawless base. The formulas of these products are very similar as they both contain silicone which will fill in any uneven texture on the skin.

Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer- $50.00 CAN

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer- $6.99 CAN

Remember, when it comes to beauty it is always quality over quantity. Spending more money doesn’t always mean better quality. Be mindful of the many drugstore dupes for high end products! Take care, HC Readers! Xo
Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.