Life > Experiences

The Best Valentine’s Day Date Spots in and Around Windsor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, now is the time to start making any last-minute reservations, and finding out what events are happening near you. Whether you are celebrating with your valentine or galentine, I have compiled a list of events taking place not only on the 14th but the week leading up to Valentine’s Day as well. 

1. Valentine’s Day at Wineology Kingsville

Wineology Kingsville is hosting two romantic events on February 14th and February 16th which both include a delectable 5-course meal. On February 14th they are hosting a Valentine’s Day dinner on their main floor which includes a shared charcuterie board, arancini, your choice of salad, pasta or risotto, and either chicken cordon bleu, cajun salmon, veal with saffron or stuffed portobello. Dessert will also be included. If you are looking for something a little fancier, they will be hosting a Valentine’s Day afterparty on Friday, February 16th, upstairs in their private lounge. This event will also include live music and doors open at 7 p.m. 

1. Galentine’s at Ariius

If you’re looking for something to do with your girls the weekend before Valentine’s Day, this is the perfect event for you. From 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Friday, February 9th, Ariius will be hosting the ultimate ladies’ night. With free entry for ladies before midnight, this is a perfect night out to celebrate with all the Galentines in your life. Ariius will also be hosting “Lost Luv,” a special Valentine’s Day event on Saturday, February 10th, and the dress code will be red. 

1. Galentine’s Night at Walkerville Brewery

On Tuesday, February 13th from 6-9 p.m. Walkerville Brewery will be hosting the perfect girls night. There will be a sip and paint, friendship bracelet and Galentine’s card making with Alora Flora + Eh Plus Vintage, conversation heart cookie decorating with King’s bake shop, and delicious drinks and snacks available. Even if you do not want to take part in activities, this is still a great place to celebrate Galentine’s with your girls, and there will be pop-ups from amazing women-owned businesses and fun taproom features.

1. Valentine’s Day Couples Cooking Class with COOK-UP 

This couples cooking class will take place on February 10th from 6:00-8:30 p.m. at 1 Maiden Ln. West in Windsor. You and your partner can create a romantic 3-course meal led by Rose Tobin, an expert home chef, who is also the COOK-UP entrepreneur. The meal features a decadent whipped ricotta crostini with walnuts and salted honey, handcrafted gnocchi bathed in brown butter and sage, paired with a choice of succulent chicken or savory mushrooms. The dinner is finished off with a caramelized pear tart with whipped cream. This is the perfect event for any couple whether you are a beginner and just learning to cook or have lots of experience but want to add this delicious meal to your list of things to make at home.

1. Valentine’s Day at North 42 Degrees Estate Winery

North 42 is hosting “A Perfect Pairing Charcuterie Night” to celebrate you and your significant other this Valentine’s Day. This is the ultimate romantic and delectable evening as they will take you on a culinary journey with the help of That Cheese Place. You will be treated to a carefully curated selection of the finest charcuterie and artisanal cheeses, expertly paired with North 42 wines. You also have the chance to win a Spa Treatment for two, courtesy of Refresh Day Spa. This event will run from 7:00-8:30 p.m. on February 14th, and North 42 is located in Harrow.

1. Valentine’s Day at Wolf & Rebel

Whether you are with your date, your besties or just looking to meet new people, this is the event for you. Wolf & Rebel will be hosting a fake cake workshop, where you will design your very own fake heart-shaped cakes that can be used as cute decor for your shelves or on your wall. This workshop will walk you through design ideas and baking piping techniques. As your cakes dry, you have the opportunity to enjoy matcha and Valentine’s Day sushi rolls by The Avocado Pit. You will also receive a bottle of Wolf & Rebel’s delicious matcha lattes and their signature pink heart straw. If you and your Valentine/Galentines are foodies, this is a perfect event for you and it will take place on February 14th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Spots are limited, and tickets can be purchased directly from their website.

Julia Rubino

UWindsor '26

Julia is a Biomedical Sciences major at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada. She is a writer for HerCampus UWindsor, and loves to be involved in different clubs around campus. When she is not studying, she enjoys reading, writing, listening to music or podcasts and going to the gym.