Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Best Date Spots in Windsor: According to My Boyfriend and I

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I’m sure you and your SO are in the process of figuring out the best date spot to celebrate the most romantic day of the year! My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years now and one of our favourite things to do is visit local restaurants and cafes in and around Windsor. We are also in the process of picking out where to go for Valentine’s Day so we thought we’d share some of our favourite spots!

Anchor Coffee House

Located at 543 Lincoln in Walkerville, Anchor is one of our favourite café stops when we are out and about. They sell a variety of coffees and teas as well as sandwiches and desserts. They have a few tables inside to sit at and chat but my boyfriend and I prefer to grab our items and go down by the water to eat since  Riverside is so close by. We typically go for sweets and drinks so my favourite cookie is the Birthday Cake Shortbread, while my boyfriend LOVES literally any cookie that contains chocolate. We also both love the Blueberry lemonade, which we often share (if I don’t feel like hogging it).

Sam’s Pizzeria and Cantina

Since my boyfriend and I both go to the University of Windsor, we often grab a bite to eat somewhere nearby. This leads us to Sam’s Pizzeria and Cantina, located on Wyandotte about a block from the University! Sam’s is an Italian restaurant best known for their pizza’s, but their pastas and panzerottis are good too! They also have Arancini (or Rice Balls, as some like to call them) which are TO DIE FOR! My boyfriend and I went on one of our first dates here when we first arrived  at the University and it’s somewhere that we go to again and again! They also offer take out through skip the dishes so if you’re looking to have a date night in, Sam’s is a great local restaurant to support.

Taloola Café

If it’s not clear, my boyfriend and I are very much café people. We’re also lovers of Walkerville, so of course Taloola’s must be on this list. Taloola’s is located at 396 Devonshire Road and sells lots of drinks and lunch options. My go-to is always the Good ol’ grilled cheese with a side of seasonal veggies. My boyfriend got a matcha ball when we were there which was also very yummy and of course we had to split a vegan cinnamon roll for dessert (yes, they have vegan items)! They are also on the cheaper side for food options and the café has a super homey atmosphere so it’s a good lunch or study date spot!

Torus Donuts

If you’re looking for someone to go to that’s not a restaurant, I’m begging you to go to Torus! Torus is a gourmet donut shop located at 3090 Dougall Ave and rotates its menu every month! My boyfriend and I both get massive sweet tooths from time to time so when I saw this place open up, I knew we had to go here! Their menu rotates monthly so there’s no guarantee that your favourite flavour from last month will be there the following month. My classics are Birthday Cake and Cinnamon Toast while my boyfriend loves Cookies & Cream. They also have a delicious looking Valentine’s Day Menu this month, so if you want to get your special someone a sweet gift or are looking for a nice Valentine’s themed date, pop by Torus!

Green Bean Café

Finally, we must finish off with a classic university spot which is the Green Bean! Since this is so close to campus, my boyfriend and I love to go here to eat and study. We are both obsessed with the grilled cheese (because duh!) and it’s such a comfortable atmosphere there! We’ve also taken food and drinks to go,which is always nice if you have other things to do on your Valentine’s Day itinerary. 

I hope this article got your brain thinking on some possible places to take your date on February 14th! If you have some other favourite places, let us know! We’re in desperate need of ideas!

Mya Bezaire is the Co-Campus Correspondent at the Her Campus UWindsor Chapter. She is responsible for overseeing all administrative aspects of the chapter, from member onboarding to article scheduling. Prior to this, Mya was the social media director (2021-2022), and she currently still helps with posting on social media. She also is a writer who’s content typically focuses around career development, entertainment, and self-care. Beyond Her Campus, Mya is a freelance digital marketer for her own business titled Market with Mya. As a freelancer Mya has worked with small-to-medium business clients based in Canada & the US to help elevate their digital presence through content creation, social media management, and design. Currently, Mya is a Senior at the University of Windsor in Communication, Media, and Film, with a minor in Information Technology. Mya is also the president of the Communication Student Association, where she oversees all marketing & events efforts to create a vibrant space for Communication Students on campus. In her free time, Mya loves immersing herself in TV and Film. She’s a reality TV junkie but also loves a good romcom or thriller-drama. She also loves prioritizing her wellness, and you can often find her journalling, listening to her fave podcasts & YouTubers, or going on a hot girl walk.