This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It’s Pisces season! If you were born between February 19th and March 20th, you’re a Pisces. Pisces are known for their intuition, kindness, and, most of all, emotion. So this is the perfect time to get in your feels. With midterms and the ongoing plod of winter, it can’t be that hard. Just in case you need a little help, though, here’s a variety of tear-jerkers to help you embody the Pisces spirit!

Books

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Zusak’s novel is set in Nazi Germany and follows the story of a young girl, Liesel, told from the perspective of Death. The innocent relationships and unjust deaths will rip your heart out. 

1. People of the Whale by Linda Hogan

This novel is about an Indigenous Vietnam War veteran named Thomas. The story exhibits themes that invite tears, including trauma, severed relationships, and loss of culture.

1. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Ng’s novel is not only well-written and intriguing but heavy. Everything I Never Told You is about a family coping with the sudden loss of their treasured daughter Lydia.

Movies

1. My Girl (1991)

My Girl follows 11-year-old Vada, focusing on her friendship with Thomas, her crush on her teacher, and her father’s new girlfriend. It’ll make you laugh, it’ll make you cry… Okay, it’ll mainly make you cry. 

1. Stepmom (1998)

I watched Stepmom on a whim, not knowing what to expect other than Julia Roberts. This film is about a clash between a sick mother, played by Susan Sarandon, and her ex-husband’s new girlfriend Isabel, played by Roberts. The ending is both heartfelt and heartbreaking.

1. Bridge to Terabithia (2007)

By now, you should know that if there’s a cute childhood friendship involved, like Leslie and Jess’s friendship in this movie, you will be in tears by the end. 

Poems

1. “First Dog in Space” by Brennig Davies

I sobbed hysterically after reading this. Before, I didn’t know about Laika, a dog Russia sent into space with a one-way ticket; now, I’ll always think of her.

1. “We Have Not Long to Love” by Tennessee Williams

Williams’ poem beckons readers to make the most of their time by reminding them of how life is fleeting.

1. “What You Missed That Day You Were Absent From Fourth Grade” by Brad Aaron Modlin 

This poem’s subject has uncertainties and questions as an adult because they were absent on an important day in fourth grade. The silliness of the poem juxtaposed with deeper themes weirdly grips my heart.

Songs 

You know when you’re already feeling a little down in the dumps, and you put on a sad song to intensify your mood? Here are a few songs that might help with that:

1. “Only” by RY X
  2. “Sometimes (Backwood)” by Gigi Perez
  3. “White Ferrari” by Frank Ocean
  4. “Leray” by Trippie Redd 

In all, if you’re looking to feel your feelings this Pisces season, I recommend indulging in any of these movies, books, poems, and songs. There’s nothing wrong with shedding a few tears!

Dahlia Cornell is a writer at the University of Windsor’s chapter of Her Campus. As a student who loves self-improvement, Dahlia enjoys crafting articles about trends, wellness, and academics. Her other areas of interest include local events and life experiences. Dahlia is in her third year at the University of Windsor, studying English Language and Literature. Dahlia aspires to further her studies after her English degree to have a career in education, writing, or law. No matter what career path she chooses, Dahlia is determined to incorporate creative writing into her future. She would love to write and publish a novel. Outside of school and Her Campus, Dahlia enjoys crocheting, watching Halloween movies, trying different coffee shops, and going on walks. She spends too much time curating her Pinterest boards and daydreaming about Victorian houses. Dahlia should spend more time trying to read the excessive amount of books she buys.