This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

This year the Super Bowl was hosted in California at Levi’s Stadium.  It was a hard fought game between the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers.

In the first quarter Denver’s Brandon McManus scored the first points of the game with a 34 yard field goal.  With 6:27 left on the clock in the first quarter, Malik Jackson of Denver scored the first touchdown of the game to bring the score to 10-0.

The Panthers’ Jonathan Stewart scored their first touchdown of the game to bring the score 10-7, but McManus made a 33 yard field goal to bring the Broncos even farther ahead.  The game went into half-time with a score of 13-7.

A low scoring third quarter resulted in only a 30 yard field goal by McManus to bring the score to 16-7.

Carolina’s Graham Gano scored a 39 yard field goal with 10:21 left in the game, which brought the game within a touchdown.  With 3:08 left in the game, CJ Anderson of Denver scored a final touchdown to put the game out of range for the Panthers.  The two point conversion, scored by Bennie Fowler, sealed the deal, making the Denver Broncos the champions of Super Bowl 50.

I am currently in my 4th year of Sport Management and a major whiskey enthusiast.  Not necessarily in that order.