Starting the New Semester Successfully

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Maybe last semester didn’t go quite as well as you would’ve liked. Perhaps your grades weren’t as high as you wanted them to be, you procrastinated too much, or you were too stressed. You don’t have to make significant lifestyle changes in order to make this semester more successful though. Here a few ways to make an improvement from last semester:

1)      Get organized

This means making sure you look at your syllabus in advance, not half an hour before class. Write down the due dates of assignments, midterms, and exams in a calendar or planner so you can prepare for them ahead of time.

2)      Make a schedule

It’s tempting to hit “snooze” when your alarm rings or just sit around whenever you find down time, but creating your own schedule will keep you motivated. Planning your day will also allow you to make time for friends and do things for yourself.

3)      Take time for Self-care

So many people say they don’t have time for self-care or mindfulness techniques, but they fail to realize that by taking the time for self-care they’ll be more productive. Self-care includes working out, yoga and meditation, and taking a moment to relax and be in the present.

Remember collegiettes, the work you’re doing is for you. You’re the one that’s going to benefit from the hours of work that you put into school, your job, and your personal life. As long as you stay committed to your goals and refuse to give up, you’re going to have your best semester yet.

I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus UWindsor. I am enrolled in English & Creative Writing and Visual Arts. Art, music, and writing are my obsessions! But my heart also belongs to books and big dogs.