This Recently-Single Freshman Cutie is Still on the Hunt for “The One”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Meet Kathryn (Kate) Hatfield, this week’s cutie who came all the way from Mississauga to study at the University of Windsor.

What is your major? What are you hoping to do with it?

Math! I want to be a high school math teacher.

Describe your ideal relationship partner.

Well… Honest. Good looking, because c’mon, you got to have that! (laughs) Not the most important, but it’s on there. Just someone who’s a friend first, and you can tell anything to and you don’t have to keep anything from them. You can just straight up be yourself.

What would your idea of the perfect date be?

Ooo, that’s a tough one. Honestly, I would say… Like I’ve never actually been on a real date, which is kind of sad since I’ve had relationships, but dinner would be nice. But like honestly, I’d just like cuddling and watching Netflix. That’s my idea of an ideal time! It’s not really a date, but…

Any popcorn involved in that, or?

I don’t like popcorn. I like cookies. I have a sweet tooth, more than I like salty.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Either newly married, or not married. Hopefully starting to get a job. Hopefully (laughs). Just like… I’d like to be settled, a little bit more. Maybe not married, but like, have a relationship with someone. Maybe move in together. I don’t know; who knows what the future holds? …That was super cheesy.

What’s your most embarrassing memory?

Wow. I don’t know. I’ve actually been asked my most embarrassing moment before, and I actually don’t know. Like, there’s just little things: I’ll just speak without thinking and be like “Oh, that shouldn’t have come out my mouth. That was embarrassing.” Stuff like that. There hasn’t been one big thing that’s my most embarrassing moment. I guess falling on ice in public. Happens frequently, but it’s pretty embarrassing when you’re just walking by yourself and you don’t know if you should laugh or what. Because you just fall and you’re by yourself! That happens a lot, because I’m pretty clumsy, but I guess that’s it.

What would you consider your weirdest habit?

Probably… I’m super OCD. I can’t start any homework before I clean my entire room, and I can’t sleep well if I haven’t made my bed the right way before I do. Even if it’s like, midnight, and I haven’t had time to make my bed the entire day before, at midnight, I will make my bed right before I get into it. Because it has to be made in a specific way! Which is kind of weird.

Any cool hobbies?

I used to be a competitive dancer. So I stopped that coming to university. Other than that, not really. Usually just hang out with people; nothing too exciting.

How long were you in dance for? What kind of dance were you doing?

I started… Well, I danced when I was little, but I hated it at the studio I was at. So I moved studios. I took some time off because I thought I hated dancing; instead, I just hated the studio I was at. So then in grade five, I started dancing again. I was invited onto the competitive team in grade six, so I was a competitive dancer from grades six to twelve, doing ballet, jazz, hip-hop, musical theater… A little tap, but not really as much. It was a good time.

So, this is Kate in a nutshell? Dancer, math major, hopefully high school teacher?

Basically, yes! 

A former first year English undergrad at the University of Windsor, though originally from Cambridge. Joining HerCampus as a contributing writer for the new UWindsor chapter, launching on October 28th, 2014. Lover of music, drawing, reading a good book or attempting to write one, with perhaps some unhealthy obsessions for many different TV shows. Twitter is @Antebelluhm, for the curious.