A Professor or a Talk Show Host?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Campus Cutie: Patrick Wood

Patrick Wood is a third year in the Human Kinetics program, majoring in Movement Science. He is a twenty year old fom the town of Glencoe, Ontario. Pat has many passions and interests like, traveling, outdoor activities and sports, and luckly for you ladies he is single.

Where do you come from?

P: Glencoe, Ontario. It is a small farm town between London and Chatham.  I grew up on an eleven-acre hobby sheep farm. sheep farm.

Spirit animal?

P: A hummingbird. Apparently it represents enjoyment of life or something. I took a quiz one time and enjoyed that answer, so here we are, am I right?

Is there anything you wish to accomplish while at the University?

P: Right now I want to be able to graduate with at least one academic paper in my name.  Next year I’m planning on doing an independent study and doing research in some form of physiology.  I’m not sure yet what the topic will be, but I’m thinking possibly the difference in androgen sensitivity between track athletes.

What do you plan to do as a job?

P: I’m not 100% sure as of yet, but I know that I want to do a masters program in applied physiology related to exercise.  From there I’m hoping to either find a job in some form of research or get my PHD and then become a professor.  But all seriousness aside, my dream job would be a late night talk show host like Jimmy Fallon.

What are your hobbies?

P: Currently I’m participating in three different intramural sports: flag rugby, volleyball, and soccer.  When I’m at home, I can usually be found reading, either Sports Illustrated or various books. My favourite book right now would be The Sports Gene and my favourite series is the Song of Ice and Fire Stereotypical, ya?  I also love camping, and if I could afford not to work all summer, you would definitely find me somewhere I could be canoeing.  I also am a cofounder of a local improv group and we perform every now and then.

What do you look for in girl?

P: I like girls that also enjoy athletics, because, if you’ve been reading, it’s clearly a large part of my life.  I also love when a girl is interested in learning about what I’m studying but also can teach me new things.  An interest in nature would also be kinda cool but I don’t want to sound picky, ya know?

What’s your favorite quote if you have one?

P: I don’t really have one, but I usually get a phrase that I say a lot for awhile until I move on to a new one.  My quote of the month would be: “Here for a good time, not a long time” by the band Trooper.

Where do you wish to travel and why?

P: Honestly, the entire world if I had the funding, but let’s be honest here: I am a broke student.  I’ve always wanted to go backpacking somewhere.  Right now I’m thinking either Peru, Nepal, or Southeast Asia, because it would be really cool to immerse yourself into a completely new culture, and also, all those places are cheap and so am I, so that sounds like I’ll fit in.  Another place I’ve always wanted to go to is England.  My dad’s parents are from England, so I have a lot of family I’ve never met living there and feel as if that’s a wasted opportunity to learn about my background, ya know?

What is your ideal first date?

P: Doing something new for both people. It doesn’t matter what it is because trying something (new) is always fun, plus I think it’s the best way to learn about someone.

What is your Favorite tree?

P: Ok, this is kind of a weird question, but my favourite tree would probably be a maple.  Primarily because I’m super Canadian (eh) and real proud of it.  

If you knew that you were going to be stuck on an island for 5 years all alone, what 3 things would you bring?

P: A speedboat, extra gasoline, and GPS because f*** being here for 5 years. I’m gonna find the nearest populated island and eventually find my way home. I’m not a quitter.  But seriously, I would bring a soccer ball; it can be used as a soccer, volley, and basketball for endless hours of fun.  Um, next I’d probably bring a multitool to help with survival, and then a good book that I could read multiple times and never get fed up with.

What superpower would you choose?

P: I want to fly because I’m sort of an adrenaline junkie and have always wanted to know what it would be like to go fast and be up with the clouds.  Also, the idea of plummeting towards the ground and then last minute flying away sounds amazing!