This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

This new year welcomes you back to school with a fresh start—this year is yours to conquer! As we step into the new year, here’s a little list of resolutions/goals you can add to your list to make this year all the better:

1. Get all your assignments completed AT LEAST one day early!
    1. Cut out the procrastination this new year and aim to complete all assignments and deadlines one day prior. If it helps, set the due date a day or two earlier on your calendar to force completion, and then you’ll have plenty of time to edit, revise, or just relax without the stress.
  2. Start creating study groups with other classmates.
    1. This may not be for everyone; however, creating study groups can help ease up workload and increase the efficiency of your work, all while adding in a little bit of fun!
  3. Create/update your resume or get some part-time job experience!
    1. Build your resume and learn new skills. Look for jobs that are interesting to you or do some job shadowing, which can be both fun and full of opportunities! Stay tuned for an article later this semester on how to build your resume!
  4. Stick to a regular sleep schedule with AT LEAST 7 hours of sleep!
    1. Maintain good grades and good health. You need adequate sleep to be able to function at your utmost ability, so make sure you get at least 7 hours of good sleep regularly.
  5. Pamper yourself after every major exam or assignment.
    1. Whether this be a spa day, kicking back and relaxing to a movie with some fresh popcorn, or just taking a warm shower and climbing into your warm cozy bed for a nap, make some time to reward yourself.
  6. Do at least 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity daily and stay hydrated!
    1. Whether this is going for a walk, doing some morning yoga, or partaking in a gym session, make sure you keep up with your physical activity to keep your body happy and healthy. Drink lots of water throughout the day as well (at least 2 liters a day!).
  7. Create a vision board and stay positive.
    1. At the end of the day, try your best, be consistent, be grateful, and take a moment to just breathe and enjoy the world around you. Create a vision board of things you look forward to or goals you want to accomplish this year.

And that’s it! Although this is just a little list with a few points you may want to consider, the real resolutions come from within you—you know what you need best! Take a moment to reflect back on 2021 for an even greater 2022.

Gauri Kumar

UWindsor '24

A dedicated, enthusiastic and driven Nursing Student at the University of Windsor with a passion for providing support and quality health care to our community. In her free time, she enjoys finding opportunities to support others, get involved, and take on challenges. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out!