This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

My Go-To Beauty Products

aka I spent large amounts of money testing different high-end products so that you don’t have to!

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been extremely interested in beauty and makeup. I’ve spent countless hours scrolling through Sephora and various other makeup websites in order to find products that would help create fun and different makeup looks. Throughout the years, through many hits and misses, I can confidently say that I have found what I consider to be the best products in every category. In order to save other makeup-addicts countless amounts of time and money, I decided to share my findings:

My Go-To Mascara:

Benefit Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara

Image credit: Sephora.ca

Cost: $33.00 CAD

Why I love it: I’ve probably tried every high-end mascara on the market, as well as various drugstore options, and this is the only mascara that I have loved enough to repurchase. When it comes to mascara, I think there are many categories that its rating should be based on, such as clumpiness, curling ability, and ability to hold up during the day. This mascara has a curled wand, which is a brilliant design that is very successful in curling the lashes during use. The plastic bristles are positioned in away that breaks down any clumps present on the eye with just a few extra strokes. I’m personally a huge fan of this mascara formula, as it dries on the lashes very quickly and does not leave flakes under the eyes after a few hours use.

Link to purchase

My Go-To Foundation:

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Image credit: Sephora.ca

Cost: $42.00 CAD

Why I love it: Fenty Beauty, which launched in September 2017 and is owned by Rihanna, set out to revolutionize the standard for shade ranges of a high-end foundation, and came out with foundation in over 40 different shades. Rihanna found that foundations on the market did not offer shades for African-American consumers, and has successfully changed the shade-range standard for all companies offering foundation. Not only are you much more likely to find a shade that is close to your skin tone, but this foundation is also very successful in being neither overly dry nor greasy. Having a combination skin type, I tend to experience oily skin in my t-zone while the other parts of my face get very dry. Finding a foundation that is not greasy, while also not being overly drying, was definitely a challenge. I have also found that this foundation does not crease around my eyes and smile lines, and stays extremely matte throughout the day. Finally, while claiming to be a medium coverage foundation, I have found that it is very buildable, and can be used for full coverage makeup looks as well.

Link to purchase 

My Go-To Concealer:

Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Image Credit: Ulta.com

Cost: $36.12 CAD

Why I love it: Since I usually do not have very noticeable under-eye bags, I would tend to skip concealer in my everyday makeup routine. However, since its launch, this concealer quickly gained a reputation of being the best concealer on the market, and I can confidently say that it lives up to its hype. While I use this concealer under my eyes, it also works very well as an eyeshadow primer, and as a contour stick to carve out the high parts of the face.

Link to purchase   

My Go-To Lip Gloss

Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss

Image credit: Sephora.ca

Cost: $42.00 CAD

Why I love it: Even though this is one of the most expensive items in my everyday makeup routine, I think it’s worth the money. This high-shine gloss is not heavy or sticky and is extremely long lasting. It contains hyaluronic acid, which makes it very hydrating, and though it is a lip plumper, this lipgloss does not cause any pain! I typically use it instead of chapstick, and I feel it truly pulls my whole makeup look together.

Link to purchase 

My Go-To Eyebrow Product

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade

Image Credit: Sephora.ca

Cost: $23.00 CAD

Why I love it: This brow pomade has been a favourite of mine for a long time. Not only is it reasonably priced, but a little goes a long way! The little amount required to fill in a brow allows this product to last a very long time. It is a waterproof formula and goes on very smooth: another great perk. I found the best way to apply this product is by using an angled eyebrow brush. I specifically use Anastasia’s #12 brush, which is also available on the Sephora website.  

Link to purchase

My Go-To Face Powder:

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Face Powder

Image Credit: maccosmetics.com

Cost: $39.00 CAD

Why I love it: I’ve used this medium coverage pressed powder to set my foundation and concealer, and found that it’s very successful at providing a matte finish without increasing the appearance of any creases. I also use it as a foundation substitute on days when I need to quickly get ready, and it definitely provides great coverage.

Link to purchase 

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.