Ulta Flatlay Test 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Ulta Flatlay Test 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

My Favourite Skincare and Makeup Stocking Stuffers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Skincare and makeup products are becoming increasingly popular stocking stuffers as influencers persuade us to try every new product on the market. With the holiday season in full swing, now is the perfect time to start looking for stocking stuffers for all the beauty and skincare lovers in your life. Searching for products can be a daunting task as there are so many to choose from, and sometimes, it’s challenging to know what each person would use. Here is a list of fan-favourite products that will make you look like a remarkably good gift-giver:

1. Refy Glow and Sculpt Face Serum Primer with Niacinamide

The Refy roller primer has quickly become my favourite primer, and it’s one that I use daily. It has a roll-on applicator and is not as sticky as the majority of other primers out there. It is very lightweight and almost acts as an ice roller but with primer instead. Another benefit of this primer is that it is made with  niacinamide, which can help prevent acne and minimize pores, redness and blotchiness. Although it is on the pricier side, it is well worth it, and this is a primer that you will be inclined to purchase repeatedly.

1. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

I’m sure everyone has heard of Charlotte Tilbury’s Flawless Filter by now, as few products can mimic what this product does. If you are someone who doesn’t like cakey makeup, Flawless Filter adds a nice glow to the skin while simultaneously covering any undesirable blemishes or dark circles. I use Flawless Filter in lieu of foundation as I like how lightweight it is. It  is also easy to apply quickly or when you are on the go. You can purchase a full size or mini Flawless Filter at Sephora or directly from the Charlotte Tilbury website.

1. Huda Beauty Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder

Huda Beauty’s setting powder is a lightly pigmented, loose powder that blurs fine lines and wrinkles and holds makeup in place for up to 12 hours. It is easy to apply with a brush or powder puff and provides an airbrushed, matte finish. I like to let this powder sit for 3-5 minutes after applying concealer before blending any excess powder on my face. This product also comes with a powder net, which disperses a controlled amount of powder. This makes sure you aren’t using too much product each time you use it. The full size is $55, while the mini is $30, which is a reasonable price considering how long this product lasts. 

1. The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum

Although all of The Ordinary’s products make great stocking stuffers, the Barrier Support Serum is a unique product that repairs the skin barrier, hydrates and reduces redness. This is a product for all skin types, and can be used to improve the look of uneven skin texture, and reduce dryness. This pink serum is the perfect product to add to your daily skincare routine, as it is vegan, fragrance free and contains Vitamin B12. I would pair this product with The Ordinary’s Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum or Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum.

1. Saie Dew Blush Blendable Liquid Cheek Blush

Saie’s Dew Blush has been my go-to liquid blush as of late. It comes in various  shades and is a lot easier to blend than other liquid blushes I have previously tried. It smoothes and nourishes the skin and gives your cheeks a pop of colour that isn’t overwhelming. This blush is also vegan, fragrance-free and silicone-free, making it a perfect blush for all ages. Saie’s products are always ideal when you want a natural look over something bold, and I find their products very affordable and worthwhile.

1. Kosas Plump + Juicy Vegan Collagen + Probiotic Spray-On Serum

The Kosas Probiotic Spray-On Serum is an essential product for firming, lifting, and plumping the skin. You can use it both morning and night to nourish the skin and its pH. This serum is also vegan, non-comedogenic, oil-free, and suitable for anti-aging. I use it in the morning before applying makeup to feel refreshed and keep my skin feeling healthy. I love that this is a spray-on serum and dries quickly, and I have yet to find a product that is comparable to this one. Although this serum is on the pricier side, it has collagen, peptides, hyaluronic acid, and plant probiotics, so it is almost as if you are getting multiple products in one. 

1. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner

After seeing Glow Recipe’s toner all over TikTok, I eventually tried it for myself to see if it was really worth the hype. I had already tried Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum and Plum Plump Refillable Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer, so I had high hopes that I would love the toner as well. The toner has quickly become one of my favourite Glow Recipe products, and has kept my skin clear and hydrated. I like to apply it with my hands rather than a cotton pad, after cleansing my skin. You can purchase this toner in the standard or mini size, and it is a great stocking stuffer for all the skincare junkies in your life.

1. Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine

The Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine is a 2023 Allure Best of Beauty winner and is the perfect gift for anyone new to makeup or wanting a product that they can use every day on its own. You can use this product as a moisturizing lip balm during the day or a nourishing lip mask overnight. They contain shea & murumuru seed butters to heal and restore dry lips. They are also vegan and cruelty-free. My favourite part about these lip butters is that they are slightly pigmented and scented. I recommend trying the vanilla, brown sugar, or cherry tinted lip balms.

1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

I find myself repurchasing Nars’ Radiant Concealer every 2-3 months as it is one of those products I cannot live without. This is a medium to full coverage concealer and very buildable. It lasts all day, even without setting spray, and hydrates the skin while also brightening the under eyes and reducing blemishes, lines, and wrinkles. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is another product that comes in a full size, which is $44, and a mini size which is $21. 

1. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer

Fenty Beauty’s Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer is one of their most popular products and was handpicked by Rihanna herself as “the ultimate finishing touch to any look.” The name of the gloss speaks for itself. It gives a shiny, glossy finish, and there are eight shades to choose from. These lip glosses are non-sticky, 100% cruelty-free, free of parabens and phthalates, and are currently on sale for $19 at Sephora.

Julia Rubino

UWindsor '26

Julia is a Biomedical Sciences major at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada. She is a writer for HerCampus UWindsor, and loves to be involved in different clubs around campus. When she is not studying, she enjoys reading, writing, listening to music or podcasts and going to the gym.