This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

With midterms in full swing, now is the perfect time to scope out cute cafés in Windsor that are perfect for being productive, hanging out with friends, or grabbing a delicious fall drink to get you through the day. Here are seven of my favourite cafés in and around Windsor, that double as study spots to channel your Rory Gilmore mindset: 

1. Green Bean Café

Located just minutes away from the University of Windsor, Green Bean is an ideal study spot for UWindsor students. The warm and inviting atmosphere makes it the perfect spot to catch up with friends, get in a quick study session in between classes, or grab a quick bite to eat after  a long day. Green Bean also has an extensive food and drink selection  with plenty of vegan options, so if you’re in the area, be sure to check it out and catch up on any assignments you may have procrastinated.

1. Kava Café and Bakery

If you live in Lasalle, Kava is a great place to try out on your own or with friends. One of the nice things about Kava is that it opens at 8 a.m., so if you’re a morning person and like to get things done before class, you can grab a coffee and be productive early in the morning. Although Kava is fairly new, their reviews speak for themselves.You won’t be disappointed with any of their freshly baked sweets or hand-crafted beverages. 

1. Café March 21

Café March 21 is more than just your average coffee shop. At this café you’ll find authentic Korean ramen as well as rice bowls and other delectable lunch options. You can pair your ramen with a side of coffee, or may want to try their delicious smoothies, lemonade, fruit juices or iced teas. Next time you’re in downtown Windsor be sure to stop by this café and grab some ramen and coffee anytime before 6:00pm throughout the week. 

1. Taloola Café

Taloola Café is by far one of my favourite brunch spots in Walkerville, and their cozy atmosphere makes it the perfect study spot during exam season. There is something for everyone on the menu from coffees, teas, baked goods, salads, sandwiches as well as

a variety of breakfast options as well. It’s a great place to stop after class as they are open until 7:00 p.m. I find it  very affordable considering how big their portion sizes are.

5. Anchor Coffee House

Although this coffee house is on the smaller side, everything on their menu is made from scratch and they aim to use the highest quality ingredients in both their lunch menu and baked goods. They serve a variety of bagels, sandwiches, soups, salads and cookies. Their service is always quick and they serve a wide array of unique drinks and high quality coffee. The atmosphere is comfortable, laid back and it’s a great spot to meet with friends during the day. They also offer catering and coffee classes and if you are ever in a rush you can call ahead and they will have your order ready for pickup. You can find them at 543 Lincoln Rd, and they are open 9 a.m. to  3 p.m. everyday. 

6. Yemeni Corner Coffee House

Yemeni Corner Coffee House serves traditional homemade Yemeni desserts, as well as rich and authentic coffee straight from its birthplace, Yemen. If you’re not a fan of coffee you can also try one of their refreshers, lemonades or smoothies. The staff are super friendly and knowledgeable if you are unsure of what to order during your first visit, and I was able to try things I have never seen anywhere else such as their Honeycomb Bites. It’s spacious and the interior is beautifully decorated. They are open until 12 a.m. most nights, and 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturday, so if you are ever in a time crunch before an exam, this is the place to be.

7. Café Amor & Art

Café Amor & Art is my personal favourite café in Windsor, and it’s somewhere that I frequent all year round. The family that runs this café are always friendly and welcoming, and they make it their mission to brighten up your day, inspire you and reconnect with those closest to you. They offer specialty coffee and food while promoting Mexican art and culture and they also sell a wide variety of handmade goods from Mexico. This is also one of the most picturesque cafés you’ll come across, and is a great place to study if you need a change of scenery. My go-to menu item would have to be anadobo pork torta, which are sandwiches served with coleslaw and corn chips, paired with an iced chai.

Julia Rubino

UWindsor '26

Julia is a Biomedical Sciences major at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada. She is a writer for HerCampus UWindsor, and loves to be involved in different clubs around campus. When she is not studying, she enjoys reading, writing, listening to music or podcasts and going to the gym.