Wellness > Health

My Favorite Foods That You NEED to Try Today!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Food is the international language of love. There are thousands of different cultures around the world with unique foods. Food is what brings people together and can be a comfort, hobby, or a career. I know I look forward to my meals so I decided to compile a list of my absolute favorites!

1.  Buffalo Cauliflower Wings

This may be a little odd to include but this baked dish is great as a lower calorie option! In the middle of my fitness journey, I became obsessed with these and couldn’t get through the week without them! The cauliflower bites are dipped into a seasoned milk mixture to help achieve the crispy exterior, with a soft inside just like chicken. These can be done in the air fryer or the oven! Then, they are topped with buffalo wing sauce and served with ranch.

Click here for a great recipe!

2.  Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza

Hear me out on this, I swear it is absolutely life-changing! I love  salads and pizza, but one day I saw pregnant women doing this on TikTok and I had to try it. Start with a pizza crust and spread cream cheese on as the sauce. Make your favorite chicken Caesar salad. Mine is romaine lettuce, shredded lemon-garlic chicken, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and mixed in Caesar dressing. Spread it all over the pizza and top it with parmesan. Then, pop it into the oven! Not for too long though -just until the crust is cooked (I use the already cooked crust, then bake a little more after adding the salad).

Click here for a great recipe!

3.  Cheesy Samyang Buldak Hot Chicken Ramen

This ramen is literally the best thing ever. But there is a certain way I like it and I can guarantee you will too! Start off by boiling the noodles and following the instructions on the packet. After that is done, drain it until only ¼ of the water is remaining in the pot. Put it back on the stove and add an egg. Keep mixing until the egg is thoroughly cooked, making the noodles creamy. Add in  half of the pack of liquid it comes with (or else it is way too spicy, even for me), add the toppings  it comes with, and then top it off with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Mix till the cheese melts and sprinkle with chopped scallions. This is a cheap dinner idea for college students and the best comfort food!

4. Baked Feta Pasta

This TikTok trend has quickly turned into one of my favorite recipes! At first, I thought it was too good to be true since I usually only use feta in my salads, but that quickly changed! The best part is that it requires only a handful of ingredients. Add cherry tomatoes, olive oil, feta cheese, and a bunch of seasonings of your choice (pepper, paprika, crushed pepper, garlic and onion powder). Bake it and add in the pasta with a handful of fresh basil leaves and minced garlic and that is it! It’s the easiest and quickest pasta recipe and it fills the house with a mouth-watering smell!

Click here for a great recipe!

5. Biryani

This is my absolute favorite cultural food ever. It is a mix of rich flavors that can be comfort food  or used for special occasions. Let me describe it for you. It calls for basmati rice spiced with aromatic peppercorns and star anise with the perfect amount of heat. Then, the meat of your choice (or potatoes for vegetarians) is coated in butter.Spices dominate the dish and the taste and smell of saffron burst on your tongue, making your taste buds explode with flavor. Yes, that is a little much for the description, but just try it, it will be wrong. There are tons of Pakistani restaurants that serve this amazing dish or you can step out of your comfort zone and try making it yourself!

Here are a few links to Biryani recipes:

·  Chicken Biryani·  Vegetarian Biryani

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.