Life > Experiences

For My Brother on His Graduation Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

All of your hard work has paid off. You finally get to walk across the stage in a funny gown and hat!

Everyone that surrounds you is most definitely proud of you. And after having seen everything that went into your education, I am especially proud of you.

I remember when you first started post-secondary education. You moved out, and suddenly our family dinners became more quiet. It made me appreciate having you home a lot more.

You became independent, and did things that surprised most of us. You cleaned your room, cooked some decent meals, and even did your dishes!

I remember when you changed your mind about your career plans. You decided that you wanted to do something different, and left the university without a degree in hand. That took a lot of courage, but it paid off. After switching ideas a few times, you took yet another leap.

A leap that led to this day.

It was so obvious that you had found your passion in this new program. It fits perfectly with who you are as a person, and now as a professional. And even though I act as if I wish you would move out again, I did appreciate having you home these past few years.

This program opened an array of opportunities for you, and now leaves you as a more cultured, passionate person. It’ll be interesting to see the next set of opportunities that are coming your way.

Thank you for showing me that hard work does pay off, and that taking chances is okay.

Congratulations, big bro.

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.