Mikaela Morin: Salmon Enthusiast, Drama Geek, Meryl Streep Lover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Business major Mikaela Morin is all about fun and spontaneity. She loves the simple things in life and Meryl Streep.

Her Campus sat down with Morin to further get to know her playful and admirable personality.

To start, what do you look for in a guy?

I joke around a lot and don’t like to take life too seriously so I like people that can play along and be light hearted. Also, I don’t get angry a lot and can’t stand pointless fights and drama. I look for someone who can stay calm and deal with situations positively and with rationality.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?

I love the idea of dating being used as a way getting to know a person. I hate the concept of a relationship over text and snapchat and all that stuff. I want a guy to take me to a place that he loves and tell me stories about the things he’s done there and why he loves it. I think a date should be a way to show the other person a little bit about yourself in a fun way. So if I guy were to take me to a location that he’s passionate about I think that would be perfect.

Do you have any pet peeves?

Not really, the only thing I can think of that annoys me is when I’m driving with someone and they’re a really aggressive driver. I don’t see the point in yelling at other cars or constantly acting like everyone else’s small driving mistakes are a huge deal. It’s so negative.

You mentioned how you like plays and collecting movies, what are some of your favourites?

I love Windsor theatre in general especially the plays by Kordazone Theatre, The University Players, and obviously Stratford performances. I can’t choose a favourite, there are simply too many options. For movies I love anything with Meryl Streep in it.

Favourite food?

Definitely salmon.

Where you do see yourself in 10 years?

I have no idea. I’ve never been a fan of having a set plan. I want to follow the opportunities I find and hopefully be doing something that I love.

Paulo is a first-year English Major from the University of Windsor. He graduated from Vincent Massey Secondary School, and will always be a proud Mustang.