Meet This Week’s Campus Cutie: A Film Producer Who Also Loves Dogs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Cameron Chappus is a first year communication, media, and film major at the University of Windsor. He is creative, cute, caring, imaginative, and funny. I sat down with Cameron to talk more about his interests and what he does.  

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

I would go to Japan because I am a huge fan of the culture there.

What is your favourite colour?

It changes every now and then, but right now it is green.

What is your idea of a perfect date?

A perfect date would just be spending quality time with that person, getting to know that person, laughing, and learning about each other.

What do you look for in a potential date?

I look for someone who is interesting to me but also finds me interesting. It won’t work very well if it is a one way thing. I look for someone who is fun, peppy, and laughs a lot.

What do you want to do in the future?

I want to be involved in something that’s creative whether it is films, music, or production. Just something that has a creative side to it.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to listen to music, play musical instruments, record music, take photography, make short films, and watch cartoons.

What is your favourite part of communications, media, and film?

I prefer video over photography. I like the production aspect like when we are working on set. I am happy to be a part of that because it’s a team effort, and I’m all about teamwork. Post-production is fun too because I get to do editing, which is my favourite part.

What is your best childhood memory?

The day I got my dog is pretty high up there. I had been asking for a dog for like two years, we go into the building, and I go right to the back. I said, “This one,” and my mom asked if I wanted to look at others dogs. I said, “This one.” She asked what I wanted to name it, and I said Buddy.

What’s the best piece of advice you have been given?

I’ve gotten lots of really good advice. One piece of advice I’ve been given is the most important part of the camera is the battery.

What is one thing on your bucket list?

I would like to write and direct a cartoon.

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.