Meet the Member Monday — Hi, I’m Tamer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Welcome back to Meet the Member Monday!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Tamer: a member that has been with us since her second semester of her freshman year. She is one of our writers, so I’m sure you’ve seen her content on here before. She is currently a third-year Political Science/Communications double major. As you can see, she is pretty busy.

Let’s get to know more about her:

What brought you to HC UWindsor?

After settling into the routine of university, I was ready to get involved in campus-wide activities to expand my university experience. A friend of mine was an editor for the HC UWindsor chapter, and she recruited me to be a member of the team. I’ve been writing ever since!

What do you do for HC UWindsor?

I am a biweekly writer for the Windsor chapter, so I collaborate with other group members and create articles that are published on the site.

What is your favourite colour?

Yellow – to me it’s the happiest colour, and it reminds me of summer.

Tell us three fun facts about yourself!

My favourite television series is Gossip Girl, I enjoy doing makeup as a hobby, and I’ve always wanted to own a pet hedgehog.

What is your favourite quote?

“When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” – Ellen DeGeneres

Who doesn’t love Ellen?

What is your best advice for fellow students?

What you put into a class is directly linked to what will you get out of it. This applies to more than just studying; get involved in lectures, both by interacting with peers and getting to know professors.

What career do you hope to have once you graduate?

Following my graduation in 2020, I plan to attend law school either at the University of Windsor, Western University, or the University of Toronto. This goal is the means to eventually becoming a lawyer, and I hope to focus on the aspect of international law.

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, Tamer is a very hardworking individual. She is a phenomenal addition to our team and we are so lucky to have her. Her writing content is always top-notch!

That’s all for now! Be sure to come back next week to meet another one of our members.

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.