nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet the Member Monday — Hi, I’m Samantha!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Welcome back to Meet the Member Monday!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Samantha! She recently joined our team as a writer. She is in the Education/French Studies program.

Let’s get to know more about her:

What brought you to HC UWindsor?

Ever since starting University, I knew I wanted to join a club to meet new people and get involved on campus. My friend was already a member of HC and recommended that I join. I’m very grateful to have found a club of such amazing, diverse women and I recommend that anyone looking to get more should involved to join as well!

What do you do for HC UWindsor?

I am a writer for HC UWindsor. I have the freedom to write articles on whatever I want, bi-weekly.

What is your favourite colour?

My favorite colour is burgundy! I find that it’s such a warm colour, and it’s been my favourite for a while now.

Tell us three fun facts about yourself!

1.     I have read the Harry Potter series at least 20 times

2.     I love spending my free time playing with makeup

3.     I have 5 siblings

What is your favourite quote?

“Boldness is my friend,” –William Shakespeare

What is your best advice for fellow students?

I think the best advice I could give is to always attend classes. Even if you believe that you can be successful by only studying the notes provided by the professor online, attending all the classes ensures that nothing is ever missed.

What career do you hope to have once you graduate?

After graduation, I hope to begin my career as a French teacher! It has always been my passion to teach, and I am so excited to be in a program that allows me to get experience teaching while completing my undergraduate degree.

We’re so lucky to have Samantha on our team. We can’t wait to see the great things she will do!

Thanks for checking in for another week of Meet the Member Monday!

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.