nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet the Member Monday — Hi, I’m Ivana!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Welcome back to Meet the Member Monday!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Ivana! Ivana joined our team in January 2018 as a writer. She is in her third year at the University and is majoring in International Relations.

You know what’s next:

What brought you to HC UWindsor?

An old friend of mine, Emma, used to write for Her Campus and through her articles, I became acquainted with the University of Windsor Chapter. I decided to join the Windsor Chapter because I felt it would be a great way to reach out to people on campus and beyond.

What do you do for HC UWindsor?

I am a writer!

What is your favourite colour?

Charcoal and soft grey, burgundy, and mauve.

Tell us three fun facts about yourself!

I speak 3 languages, I used to run a poetry account under the pseudonym “Anavi”, and my favourite animals are elephants and cats.

What is your favourite quote?

“To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” – Lao Tzu

What is your best advice for fellow students?

My best advice for fellow students would be to breathe. When things start getting hectic, either academically or with extracurriculars and/or work, take a moment to close your eyes and focus on your breathing. While it may not change the situation, it can change your perspective on the situation and hopefully, you’ll be able to approach it from a calmer state of mind.

What career do you hope to have once you graduate?

My goal is to either get my dual (Canadian and American) J.D. or to do a collaborative law program with a masters in global affairs. Regardless of the path I end up taking, I want to pursue a career that will allow me to give back to my community and help those who need it most.

It’s easy to feel the kind heart that Ivana pours into every role that she has. Her passion for her community and for bettering the world is evident. We are so happy to have her on board again this year!

As always, check back next week to meet another one of our wonderful members!

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.