Meet the Member Monday — Hi, I’m Emma!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Welcome back for another week of this fun series!

Today, you will be meeting my partner-in-crime who has been with us since February 2018. Emma is in her third year of English Literature and Creative Writing with a minor in Women and Gender Studies. Emma is also a writer, an editor, and this year she is taking on the role of Events Director and Campus Correspondent for our chapter!

Now, down to the fun part:

What brought you to HC UWindsor?

I followed another chapter’s Facebook page and loved what I saw, so I looked to see if there was a chapter at the University of Windsor and sent a message to get involved!

What do you do for HC UWindsor?

I am a Writer, Editor, Events Director, and have recently taken over as one of the Campus Correspondents! As an executive member, I am focusing on bringing our team closer together this year. I love writing and editing too much to give it up!

What is your favourite colour?

Light Pink

Tell us three fun facts about yourself!

I know American Sign Language, I was in a band in high school that won Gold at Kiwanis, and I have a matching tattoo with my cousins, sister, and Grandmother.

What is your favourite quote?

“Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage — 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery and I promise you something great will come of it.” – Benjamin Mee (Matt Damon) in “We Bought a Zoo.” This quote single handedly made my anxiety manageable by making me realize I can deal with anything for 20 seconds.

What is your best advice for fellow students?

Get involved with an active club on campus. Finding people with similar interests is an important part of university. By joining clubs, you are opening yourself up to new friends and experiences that will help you grow as a person (plus it looks good on a resume).

What career do you hope to have once you graduate?

I would like to be an editor of novels. I would also like to be an ASL translator on the side.

Emma is a great addition to our team and brings lots of fresh ideas to keep our chapter exciting! As you can see, Emma is very passionate about getting involved on campus. She is a great advocate for extracurricular involvement!

Don’t forget to check back next week to meet yet another member of our team!

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.