Meet the Member Monday — Hi, I’m Anna!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Welcome back to Meet the Member Monday!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Anna! She is one of our newest writers, so keep on the lookout for her content! She is currently in her third year studying English, French, and Creative Writing.

Let’s get to know more about her:

What brought you to HC UWindsor?

I had heard about the chapter sometime in my first year of university. While I was interested, I also felt overwhelmed by school and work. First year passed, second year passed, and by third year I realized that school and work were never going to get easier, so if I wanted to take part in this opportunity, I had to do it now.

What do you do for HC Uwindsor?

I’m a writer.

What is your favourite colour?

Blue. But not just any blue. Azure, cyan, royal blue… those aren’t my types. I prefer carolina blue, sky blue, oxford blue…

Tell us three fun facts about yourself.

My sense of direction is selective. I don’t have too much trouble using maps, yet I’ve gotten lost in bathrooms (but, in my defense, those bathrooms were not of regular design and had way too many mirrors). Also, apparently I was afraid of trees as a child—while I’m not afraid of trees anymore, I am afraid of what’s in them (bugs). Finally, for my grand finale of facts, I speak three languages: Russian, English, and French.

What is your favourite quote?

“I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.” —Oscar Wilde

What is your best advice for your fellow students?

There are a million important things I could tell you about school and success and all the rest, but you’ll figure it all out anyway. The important thing is to keep your head high, your shoulders back, and keep going. The only person who can tear you away from your goals is yourself. The only person who makes you inferior to others is yourself. The only person who can make or break your life is yourself. So keep that in mind and understand that you’re completely capable of solving everything that’s thrown at you, and just keep going.

What career do you hope to have when you graduate?

Ah, the question I dread at every friends-and-family gathering I attend. Honestly, I’m not entirely sure what I want to do. I have ideas—advertising, article writing, teaching—but nothing is set in stone. I read a book once that said you’ll be happy doing what you’re good at, and I can see how that’s true. That’s not to say that you have to stick to your talents—after all, even if you’re not talented, you can work on a skill hard enough to become extremely successful in it. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, I have an idea of where I want to go, and I’m open to new possibilities and opportunities in my future.

We feel so lucky to have Anna on our team! She is a wonderful addition and contributes phenomenal content to our site.

That’s all for now! Be sure to come back next week to meet another one of our members.

Amy N

UWindsor '21

Amy is a University of Windsor alumni. She loves to read, write, dance, eat chocolate, and organize anything she can get her hands on. Being bilingual, she developed a love for languages at a very young age.