Making Every Day Count: How to Get More Out of Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Lately, life has been rough for all of us. It is the same routine filled with tiredness and exhaustion from online school or work. Most of my life, I just survived the days and couldn’t wait for the day to end.

But for the last few weeks, I have been trying to make my day count and make the most of it. I have been trying to embrace the challenges and make sure I am satisfied at the end of the day.

Here are some ways to make the most out of YOUR day:

Wake Up Early

Giving yourself an early start may just be the thing you need to get more out of your day. This can provide you ample time to just sip your coffee, get in a workout, or just watch morning cartoons/news. I have found that waking up early gives me such a big day to get everything done from relaxing, to my school work, to taking the time to cook at home.

Do At Least One Thing You Love

We all have dreams, ambitions, and hopes. Every day I like to do something that makes me happy such as drawing a sketch, or going for a long walk/drive. Being productive is good, but find time to do something for yourself and make the day count.

Make a Checklist

Having a list of daily goals helps immensely with staying productive and getting more out of the day. You can write it down or download an app such as MinimaList to help you keep on track. When I have a checklist, I am more likely to finish those things and this has helped me stay very productive before the day is done. It is almost like feeling your progress!

Take a Break

As human beings, we try to make every second of our day productive and get all of our work done as fast as we can. But we forget to take a second and unplug, which can make you feel drained and unsettled with your day. Try to avoid overfilling your time. Sit back and relax, watch that movie you’ve been saving for a special day and enjoy some delicious snacks.

Be Flexible

Allow for flexibility in your day. Leave time between your tasks for the unexpected. It’s life, stuff happens, and rather than freaking out, calm down and tackle the unexpected.

If your day is not going the way you planned, get your high priority tasks done so you feel a lot less stressed and a lot more productive!

Get That Workout In!

Exercise is known to increase productivity in all areas of your life. It provides you with energy and helps improve your mental health. A quick workout can help kick-start your day on the right foot. It is proven that those who exercise tend to be happier, relaxed, and more prepared to handle what the day might throw at them.

Life will go by in a flash. It is better to live in the moment and make every second count. Each day is a new start to becoming better and happier.

Just remember that:

“This one day cannot be exchanged, replaced or refunded. Make the most of it.” – Lorna Jane Clarkson

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.