danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Lucy Hopkins – Campus Correspondent for HCUWindsor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

If you keep up with our posts, you are likely familiar with the types of articles our chapter publishes — but are you familiar with our HC team?  We want you to get to know us, so we’re going to start off by introducing one of our Campus Correspondents, Lucy Hopkins, who started HCUWindsor!  And to really get to know her, we asked her different and more personal questions.  Keep reading to learn more about one of our chapter’s members!

Gabrielle Rohit: If you could learn any language, one fictional and one real, what would they be and why?

Lucy Hopkins:  I haven’t ever really considered what fictional language I would want to learn… but I suppose it would probably be Parseltongue from the Harry Potter series (partly because I think it sounds cool, and partly because I don’t really know any other fictional languages). 

I want to learn a lot of real languages because I know that I want to travel and I want to do so without feeling too dependent on a translator.  I think the first language I would like to check off my list to learn is French.  I already know a great deal of it, but I’m not quite to the point that I can say I speak it fluently.  I’d like to get to that point.

GR: Would you rather wear only the colour orange for a year or give up sweets?  Why?

LH:  Orange isn’t a very good colour for me since I’m quite pale, and I can’t really recall a time that I have ever worn that colour.  So, I guess I would give up sweets.  I don’t like too much sweetness anyway.  A little decadence now and then is nice, but not too much.

GR:  Coke or Pepsi?

LH:  I’ve never liked soft drinks a whole lot because I find the carbonation to be a bit too intense to enjoy.  I’d probably go with Coke, though, if I had to choose one.

GR: Could you do the no-mirror challenge?

LH:  I think I could definitely do the no-mirror challenge, as long as I kept up with skincare and didn’t use that much makeup during the challenge days.  I’d actually like to take that challenge sometime – I think it helps you take things into a different perspective.

GR: What is your favorite fashion era – the 70’s, 80’s or 90’s?

LH:  I am keener on the style of the forties, fifties, and sixties, however I do like the seventies the most out of the decades you mentioned.  I adore Annie Hall and all of the outfits her character wore.

GR:  What are some of your vices?

LH:  I can be painfully shy at times, and I know that it can come off as snobby or self-centred (I really wish it didn’t).  Which is strange, because at other times, I really feel like I am good at, and enjoy, being social.  I wish that I were usually the latter. 

I also pay a lot of attention to detail and being organized, so when things are not in the right place, it can mess me up more than it really needs to.

GR:  How long could you go without using your phone?

LH: If I were actually challenged to go without my phone, I could probably do it for at least a week.  The only thing is, in running the HC chapter, and also being away from my friends and family, I do have to be in contact with a lot of people a lot of the time.  But I could find other ways.  I’ve gone months without a phone before and I did just fine.

GR: Who do you think is your celebrity twin?

LH: I have no idea. I can’t really come up with someone I think looks like me, because I find it hard to compare myself to others, but I’ve been told I look like Emilia Clarke, who plays Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones, (minus the wig, obviously) a lot.

GR:  If you could be one Disney princess, who would it be?

LH: I once would have said I would be Belle from Beauty and the Beast, because I auditioned to play her in a production of the show at my high school, but now that I know more about that story, I’m not so sure that is what I would want. 

I think Elsa is awesome, because she’s brave, she isn’t afraid to stand up for who she is, and she doesn’t need a guy to show her that.  So I guess I would like to be Queen Elsa, but in that case, I want to be a Disney queen rather than a princess.

GR:  Do you think that you could live without Netflix?

LH:  I love Netflix, especially now that Friends is on there since I am a diehard fan, but I can definitely part with it when I need to do so.  I have a lot of stuff I need to get done during the school year and I don’t have as much time to watch TV or Netflix.  So if I can’t watch it, I don’t.  If I didn’t have Netflix to watch in my down time, I’d probably just pick up a good book.

***

Lucy is a second year Communication, Media and Film & Digital Journalism major.  She has been running Her Campus UWindsor alongside Cacey Edmondson since Fall 2014.

If you would like to get in touch with Lucy and Cacey, please contact us at: uwindsor@hercampus.com.