Let’s Get Fictional | Best Book Boyfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It’s Valentine’s week, and if you’re like me, you prefer books over boys. With that in mind, let’s talk about some of the best book boyfriends that you’ll be dying to get your hands on.

(None of the photos used are my own, all are taken from Google)

Geekerella – Darian Freeman

Looking for the perfect boy to drag with you to Comic-Con? Darien is sweet, caring, and doesn’t let fame get to his head. He’s there for you through thick and thin, and will definitely fangirl with you about the latest films.

Darien fan art by Megan H Instagram: @meganjeongbooks. Tumblr: @meganjeongwriting

Comics Will Break Your Heart – Weldon Warrick

While he may have had a bit of a hard start in the beginning, Weldon shows his true colours when he finds the girl he loves. Added bonus: Another comic nerd!

Harry Potter – Ron Weasley

Who wouldn’t want a cute and caring boy who just so happens to practice magic? Ron Weasley has been stealing hearts since his first debut it 1997.

Fangirl – Levi Stewart

Looking for an emergency dance party partner? Levi is the guy for you! Super sweet and down-to-earth, Levi will keep you on track, yet still push you to reach your goals.

A Court of Thorns and Roses – Rhysand

Not only does Rhysand support his lover, but he also cares a lot about the found family that he has. He doesn’t treat women less than what they deserve, placing them in positions of authority. Not to mention he has a pretty dashing face and a large set of wings.

Rhysand Art: http://www.annashoemaker.com

Pride and Prejudice – Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy  

The man. The myth. The legend. Stealing women’s hearts for over 200 years, Mr. Darcy is rich, powerful, handsome…AND LISTENS! Wow, talking about charming!

To All the Boys I Loved Before – Peter Kavinsky

What kind of list would this be if Peter didn’t make his appearance? Sure, he starts off a bit of a jock, but he soon discovers that what he thought was fake love leads to real love. This heart-throb is one of a kind!

Stalking Jack the Ripper – Thomas Creswell

He’s so snarky and sarcastic but also lets the main female make choices for herself and loves her enough to trust her judgement and just wants her to be happy. This is also set in the 1800s, so these traits are super important and different from everyone else’s views.

Thomas Creswell Art: http://kerrimaniscalco.tumblr.com

Frostblood – Arelius “Arcus” Arkanus

While Arcus might be a frostblood, he is far from being frigid. He’s determined and loyal: the perfect boyfriend to treat you like the queen you deserve to be.

Arcus Art: https://www.deviantart.com/aynabraun/art/Arcus-and-Ruby-703499429

A Court of Mist and Fury – Cassian

Cassian’s humour is the best. He has some of the best one-liners in the book and just thinking about it makes me smile. He may appear big and brooding, but is a teddy bear at heart (with wings, of course).

Cassian Art: IG-@whimsicalillustration

Who is your favourite book boyfriend? Let us know in the comments!

Carly Coombe is currently in her last year of Teacher's College for P/J, additionally with an Honour Bachelors Degree in English and History. When she’s not busy balancing school and work, she often volunteers her time as a Girl Guide leader for a local unit or is working on her small business, which has taken off since quarantine. She will always be found with her nose in the latest book, sometimes even ones that have not been published yet. She aspires to earn her TEFL degree and become an English and History high school teacher.