How-To: Christian Louboutin Inspired Nail Art

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Nail art is trending and recreating the famous Christian Louboutin shoe as a nail look is quite the hype. This look is easiest to achieve once you grow out your nails or by getting enhanced gel tips.

To create this look you’ll need nail polishes, a nail file, nail polish remover, and a few Q-Tips. You will need a clear glossy or matte top coat polish, red polish, black polish. The nail file will be used to shape your nails into a stiletto or almond shaped tip. The nail polish remover and q-tips will be used to clean up around the edges.

First things first, file grown-out nails into a stiletto or rounded tip shape.

Next, paint the area on the bottom side of your nails red. This may take a while but it is easier to do it first so that the dark black polish can easily go over top. Stick with a bright red shade over a dark red shade so that when the black shade is added, the red colour is still light enough. If you get excess polish around your nails onto your fingers, use some nail polish remover and Q-Tips to clear up the area.

Lastly, paint the top surface of your nails black. A glossy top coat or matte top coat is optional depending on the final finish that you prefer to have.

And there you have it: a bold nail look with a glamorous twist!

Happy nail painting!

Melissa is a Social Work and Psychology student at the University of Windsor and just recently joined Her Campus! She describes herself as an empath, future thinker, and coffee connoisseur. Melissa enjoys staying up-to-date on the latest beauty trends, writing for Her Campus, hanging out with family and friends, and spending time with her Maltese Shih Tzu puppy. Contact: ristovsm@uwindsor.ca