yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Halloween Costumes from Basic to Hipster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Anything Comic Book Relate

You can never go wrong as a Marvel or DC character! Batman/Batgirl or Superman/Supergirl are classics. Just make sure that if you aren’t into comic books already, research your character. You’ll find out which one suits you best and be able to answer questions like a pro, because let’s face it, people are going to ask.

The Classics

Sugar Skull, Witch, Barbie, Fairy etc… These may be overdone, but if you’re in a pinch for a costume, chances are you have something in your mom’s basement that will do the trick for any one of these. You could also get creative and see if you can do something with the costume that’s never been done before!

All Things Punny

“Bee”yonce, Cereal Killer, Netflix ‘n’ Chill, and Taco Belle are all fantastic. Try these, come up with your own, or look up other ideas!

As a Couple

Ash Ketchum and Pikachu will probably be seen everywhere this year with the Pokemon Go! obsession! Some alternatives are Jack and Rose (I personally love the frozen version), Dr. Who and Tardis, and Gomez and Morticia Adams.

Group Costumes

Pacman and the Ghosts as well as Tetrus or Mario and the squad will score nostalgia points. You and your friends could also go as characters from your favourite TV show, like Orange is the New Black, Grey’s Anatomy, or Stranger Things. The best one I’ve seen so far is “The Many Faces of Johnny Depp.”

I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus UWindsor. I am enrolled in English & Creative Writing and Visual Arts. Art, music, and writing are my obsessions! But my heart also belongs to books and big dogs.