Fun Ways to Spice Up Your Morning Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Every morning starts off with a nice cup of coffee, at least for some of us. Although a cup of steaming black coffee is great to have on a daily basis, there are just some days where you want a fancy or a jazzed-up coffee. I have compiled a list of my absolute favorite simple methods of spicing up my coffee!

Add a Little Bit of Ice

A warm cup of coffee is great in these cold winter mornings. But an ice-cold cup is even better, when you are wrapped up in cozy blankets! Iced coffee is an actual game changer and will definitely get you addicted. Pair it up with a caramel syrup and you have your very own homemade caramel macchiato. It does not get any better than that!

Plus, you never have to worry about your coffee going cold!

Froth Up Your Milk or Cream

Frothing your milk or cream can add another level of spice to your coffee. It can be used to make cappuccinos, lattes, and other fancy drinks at home! Simply warm up your milk or cream on the stove or in the microwave, then use a whisked frother to beat the milk till it is foamy. You can also use a blender or a hand-held whisk to do this. 

Click here for an affordable milk frother on Amazon!

Add in Coffee Syrups

There are so many different flavoured syrups out there to enhance your coffees. From making your own homemade syrup to zero calories, sugar-free syrups you can buy at any local grocery store.  

For homemade flavored coffee syrup, follow this basic recipe:

–       Combine equal parts sugar and water on low heat. Stir together till all the sugar dissolves.

–       Add in flavouring of your choice after the base is bubbling.

–       Let it cool and store in air-tight containers or jars.

There are so many flavouring options, such as:

–       Vanilla or Vanilla bean

–       Caramel

–       Almond

–       Cinnamon

–       Fresh berries or citrus fruits

Experiment with Different Toppings 

Toppings are a great and easy way to change things up. You can use things you already have at home without having to leave the house. Adding spices such as cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg can give your coffee a kick of fall, in the season of winter. Other toppings you can add are whipped cream, chocolate shavings, crushed peppermint, and salt.

Mochas and Hot Chocolate Bombs

This has to be one of my favorites methods to spice up my coffee, especially on a day where I feel like treating myself. We have all seen the famous hot chocolate bombs all over TikTok, and they look mouth-wateringly delicious. I simply put one in my mug and pour hot, black coffee on top. Give it a mix and add milk or cream of your choice. Trust me, this is actually life-changing! If you don’t have the time to buy or make a hot chocolate bomb, just add in a packet of hot chocolate to your coffee.

These simple ways will spice up an ordinary cup of coffee and give you an interesting start to your morning. Make a couple changes to your coffee routine and add a little fun to your life.

Coffee on!

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.