Five ways to look your best at a party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Going to a party can often be nerve-wracking — trying to choose the perfect outfit and figuring out how you want to style your hair are enough of a hassle.  Here are a few tips to make applying your makeup for the evening a simple task!:

1. Avoid too much makeup

You’re at a party, so try not to apply too much make up.  You don’t want to worry about your make up running or have to constantly check if your make-up still looks good.  Try going with a simple look that brings out your best features, like a bold eye and nude lip!

2. Eccentuate your eyes

If you’re looking to show off one of your main features, show off your eyes! Try using metallic eye shadows, eyeliner, and mascara.  All of these things will draw attention to your eyes and make them sparkle!

3. Keep your lips matte

Wear a matte lipstick or gloss that you can wear for hours without having to reapply.  If you want a brighter colour but don’t want to have to worry about reapplication, try long-lasting lip colours such as MAC’s Pro Long Wear lip colour, Wet N’ Wild’s Mega Last lip color, and Revlon’s Just Bitten lip stain and balm.   You don’t want to get your bright lip colour on your cup or on that special someone when you give them a kiss!  

4.  Highlight your beauty

Another way to make yourself sparkle is to add highlighter and shimmer to your face and body! Try adding highlighter to the inner corners of your eyes, outer cheek bone, and under eye area. For body shimmer, try adding it to your décolletage, arms, and legs.

5. Blotting papers

If you do wear make-up, you should carry blotting paper in case you start sweating, or are having a particularly oily day.  Without blotting papers, you could end up with makeup that starts to run.  Recommended blotting papers include NYX Blotting Paper, Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, and Bobbi Brown Blotting Papers.

While you still may need to pick out your outfit and blow-dry your hair, you now have the tips you need for the perfect makeup look for a party!

Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.