This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

As exam season is coming to an end, it is the perfect time to cozy up in a blanket with a good book that is perfect for this holiday season. Here is a list of just a few amazing holiday-themed books, including the links to Goodreads, where you can read all about them. 

1. The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand

While A Christmas Carol is one of my favourite go-to classic holiday reads, this book creates a modern take on it and revamps this ghostly tale. Holly Chase is a spoiled child, and when she disregards the three ghosts and doesn’t change her ways, her life takes a twist and she is stuck working for Project Scrooge as one of their ghosts. That is until everything changes…

2. In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren

What happens when Groundhog Day meets a winter family getaway? In Christina Lauren’s new novel, Madelyn Jones is having the worst holiday season, as she’s run down with her job and missed the romance she dreamed up. While at her family’s cabin, she wishes to be happy, and before she knows it, an accident occurs and she is stuck reliving the same day until she sets things right.

3. A Very Perry Christmas by Marie Landry

No holiday list is complete unless you are supporting all, including the amazing small indie authors! A Very Perry Christmas follows Gwen spending her first Christmas with her boyfriend’s family. What was supposed to be a picture-perfect day turns out to be a holiday to remember, and not always for the best reasons. 

4. Jingle Wars by R. Holmes & Veronica Eden

If you are looking for an enemies-to-lovers holiday romcom, look no further than this Christmas rivalry in a small town. What happens when Finn Mayberry, who tries to save his grandparents’ inn, and California-dreaming Freya Anderson, who is set on changing it, are caught with conflicting views. There can only be one winner, but what happens along the way may change how they see one another. 

Carly Coombe is currently in her last year of Teacher's College for P/J, additionally with an Honour Bachelors Degree in English and History. When she’s not busy balancing school and work, she often volunteers her time as a Girl Guide leader for a local unit or is working on her small business, which has taken off since quarantine. She will always be found with her nose in the latest book, sometimes even ones that have not been published yet. She aspires to earn her TEFL degree and become an English and History high school teacher.