burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fashion Week, VIP Access, New York City, Fashion, Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

This past weekend I was in New York City for New York Fashion Week 2016! I was given the amazing opportunity and invitation to participate in Fashion Week as a makeup artist behind the scenes. When I wasn’t working backstage at the runway show, I was out wandering the streets, observing all of the attire in the storefront windows, and even the accessories on local New Yorkers.

This experience was unlike anything else I have encountered – as New York Fashion Week took off, so did the influx of posh editors, bloggers, celebrities and designers. Although I have visited New York multiple times prior to this trip, I had never encountered the city with such a dazzling and inspiring atmosphere. While walking the streets of 5th avenue and seeing storefront windows and people venturing, the fashion was incredible – from runway to street style it was tasteful, edgy and fabulous.

As we all know, NYFW brings the inevitable anticipation of what style will be trending this season. Although it may be too soon to predict which styles will excel in the fashion industry, I have highlighted several fashion crazes seen this year at NYFW.  

Sequins

Tom Ford Storefront on 5th Avenue

Cardinal Red

Plitzs Fashion Show: Te Amo Couture

Layering

Plitz Fashion Show: Ying Sheng Education

Azure

Plitzs Fashion Show: Ying Shen Education

If by reading this article you are left feeling nearly as inspired as I did throughout my trip to New York, my job here is done! 

Thank you for taking the time to read today, 

XO, Hc Readers!

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.