Decorate your Dorm Room for the Holidays!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

While you prepare for final exams, you’re probably also daydreaming about the upcoming winter break!  With your break from school only being a few weeks away, you probably want to start getting into the spirit of the holidays!  HCUWindsor wants to help you out with some do-it-yourself holiday room decor that won’t take away too much studying time, and will instantly make you feel like you’re on your winter holiday.

1. Washi tape Christmas tree

TheSorryGirls on YouTube created a quick-and-easy way to have a Christmas tree in your room without taking up all of that space!

All that you will need is: a pair of scissors; washi tape in gold, green, or red; clear tape, Christmas lights, gift-wrap, and tinsel!

If you want to set up a Christmas tree like this in your own room, and learn about two other awesome holiday DIYs, check out TheSorryGirls’ tutorial here!

2. Winter-themed mason jars

Our Best Bites used mason jars and tissue paper to create adorable winter-themed mason jars!

Photo ref.: Our Best Bites — image source here

For this DIY, you will need: jars, tissue paper, holiday cut-outs (using regular paper or card stock), Mod Podge, sponge brushes, and ribbon.

You can fill your mason jar with holiday treats, or you can add a nice glow to your room with candles!  While the dorms at school don’t allow real candles, you can pick up electronic candles to create the same effect.

Take a look at the full article here!

3. Advent calendar

Making a burlap bag advent calendar is the perfect way to countdown to the holidays!  

By attaching long strands of garland to the wall and hanging small burlap bags with clothes pins, LaurDIY quickly creates an advent calendar simply by dropping a piece of chocolate in each of the 25 burlap bags!  

Watch LaurDIY’s full video here and find out how to make this advent calendar as well as lots of other holiday décor ideas!

Even though the holidays are still a few weeks away, you don’t have to wait any longer!  Try some of these DIYs today and get into the holiday spirit!

HCXO!

Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.