Life > Experiences

Clubs and Student Groups you Should Join at UWindsor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Whether you are a future student, current undergraduate or enrolled in a graduate program at UWindsor, it can be difficult to pick and choose which clubs or societies you may be interested in joining to be more involved on campus. There are well over 200 academic and social student groups on campus, some that you may not even know existed. With that being said, no matter what faculty you are a part of, there are so many unique clubs to suit your needs that provide great opportunities to meet new people, bulk up a resume or gain meaningful volunteer experience. Here are a few clubs you may be interested in joining in the fall:

1. HerCampus UWindsor

This list would not be complete without HerCampus UWindsor, and because you are reading this article right now, I am sure you are somewhat aware of what this club is about. HerCampus UWindsor is a chapter of HerCampus, which is a magazine targeted towards female college students. From wellness tips, pop culture and even college life advice, HerCampus has it all. If you are interested in writing, editing, or social media, our chapter may be something you want to look into joining in the future. HerCampus is a great way to get involved on campus, enhance your writing skills, gain leadership experience and express your  creativity. My favourite part of HerCampus thus far has been meeting new people and attending bonding events. It has been such an incredible experience, and I am so glad I made the decision to join HerCampus in my first year, as it is something I plan to stick with for the rest of my undergrad. 

1. HealED

HealED UWindsor is a club dedicated to promoting mental and physical health while spreading eating disorder awareness. They aim to educate students on different types of eating disorders as well as provide resources and info for  the community. They also host wellness events to raise money to donate to local eating disorder organizations and charities. There are many positions on HealED, such as outreach coordinators, event coordinators, communications coordinators and general members. I have had an amazing experience as a communication coordinator for HealED, and it is a great club to join if you want to spread awareness about eating disorders, gain valuable volunteer experience, and attend informative and fun wellness events.

1. Uwin Book Club

The University of Windsor Book Club is a club dedicated to reading and meeting with like-minded people to vote on book choices every month as well as promote book themed hangouts. They also have bookshop spotlights to highlight local bookstores in the community as well as themed posts surrounding your favourite books. This is a great club to join if you are an avid reader and want to gain volunteer hours by helping with various fundraisers and events. Whether you like romance, fantasy, fiction or memoirs, the UWin Book Club is a great group to join if you want to meet new people, talk about books and attend events each month related to your favourite reads. 

1. UWindsor Science Society

The University of Windsor Society represents all science students from biology, chemistry, physics, biomed, biochem, general science or any other major in science you may be pursuing. They advocate, represent and aim to unify all science students at the university as well as bring you fun events throughout the academic year. My favourite event they put on is the Science Society Gala, as they always do an amazing job each year. It is also one of the biggest galas out of all the faculties at UWindsor. If you are a science student and want to take on a leadership role or hold a volunteer position, this is a club you may want to look into joining in the near future. Something to note is there are also societies dedicated to specific career paths in science, such as the premed society, pre-vet association, pre-optometry society, pre-dental society, pre-PA society and the pre-pharmacy society. 

1. UWindsor Nursing Society

The UWindsor Nursing Society is a community that strives to support all nursing students to a path of success. They also work towards making the post-secondary experience as memorable as possible by organizing fun events and helping students connect. The Nursing Society values community relations and is constantly looking for new opportunities to give back through its philanthropic projects and outreach initiatives. The Nursing Society typically holds election periods once every semester depending on how many available roles there are. The Nursing Society holds a variety of events and fundraisers throughout the year including a gala, bake sales, and merch sales. If you are a future or current nursing student at the University of Windsor, I highly recommend checking out what this society has to offer!

1. UWindsor Engineering Society

With engineering being one of the largest faculties at UWindsor, the Windsor Engineering Society is also one of the largest societies on campus. This society aims to represent, serve and advocate for the undergraduate engineering student body at UWindsor. This club was founded in 1986 and works to enhance engineering students’ university experience by offering co-curricular services, as well as hosting various events throughout the year, such as the Windsor Engineering Society Internal Conference. This club has over 1,100 members and is affiliated with 7+ groups and clubs. Some other clubs associated with this society include The Women in Engineering club, Windsor Space and Aeronautics Team, Formula Electric SAE, Engineers Without Borders and Enactus Windsor.

1. Odette Commerce Society

The Odette Commerce Society represents over 1600 students as well as all subsidiary Odette clubs. This is a student-run club for students at the Odette School of Business that aims to foster an inclusive community where students can develop their skills in a familiar environment. This society acts as a link between faculty, staff and students.  Their mission is to inspire and empower the next generation of business leaders. Opportunities on the Odette Commerce Society include working with various portfolios such as Finance, Corporate Relations, Human Resources, Events, Marketing and more. There are currently 52 members of the Odette Commerce Society and 12 Odette Subsidiary clubs. These clubs include the Odette Finance Association, Odette Accounting Society, Odette Marketing Association, Odette Debate Team, and many more. This is a great club to look into if you are a prospective or current business student, as they are always looking for more members to get involved. 

1. SAHSS UWindsor

SAHSS stands for the Society of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at UWindsor. This is the largest faculty on campus with well over 5000 full and part-time students at the graduate and undergraduate levels. This society aims to connect, inspire and empower as well as host various events throughout the year to bring students in a variety of different majors together. There are also other clubs specific to certain majors in FAHSS, such as the Psychology Students’ Association, Communication Students’ Association and Club SODA, which is the UWindsor Dramatic Art Society. If you are a student in the arts, humanities or social sciences, joining SAHSS is a great way to meet like-minded individuals in your faculty, gain invaluable volunteer experience, as well as attend fun events geared towards your interests throughout the year.

1. UWindsor HK Society

If you are an HK student at UWindsor, the HK Society is an amazing club to join to meet new people and attend various events such as the HK Society skate night or the HK gala. There are many executive positions in the HK society, so if you are interested in working on the social media side of things, helping plan events, finding sponsorships or being a general member, the HK society has many opportunities no matter what year you are in. Another club at UWindsor that HK students may be interested in is the Pre-Physical Therapy society, which is a student-led society that strives to educate aspiring physiotherapists.

1. University of Windsor Education society

The University of Windsor Education Society is a society that aims to represent future educators while simultaneously hosting a variety of events and workshops. This is a great way to meet fellow students who want to pursue a career in education as well as network with professors, teachers and researchers. They are currently holding nominations for executive, coordinator, and representative positions for the 2024-2025 year, so if you want to take on a leadership position in the Education Society, these nominations will close on February 28th. 

1. Pre-Law Student Society

The Pre-Law Student Society is a place for students interested in law to connect and meet other students with similar passions and goals. Joining the pre-law society will allow you to gain valuable experience and skills that will help you with future law-related endeavours. As a general member, you will have the opportunity to attend exclusive events such as law panels, where you will be able to meet with lawyers and law students as well as get your questions answered regarding the application process for law school, LSAT prep, and more. There are also many leadership positions in the Pre-Law Students’ Society and law-related events to attend, so if you are interested in a career in law, this is a great club you may want to look into joining. 

Julia Rubino

UWindsor '26

Julia is a Biomedical Sciences major at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada. She is a writer for HerCampus UWindsor, and loves to be involved in different clubs around campus. When she is not studying, she enjoys reading, writing, listening to music or podcasts and going to the gym.