This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Name: Elizabeth “Liz” Linden

Year and Program: Fourth Year Drama in Education and Community

Relationship status: Single

Describe yourself in three words:

Creative, spontaneous, caring.

What is your favourite movie and why?

I love the movie “Up” because it shows not only commitment to a loving relationship, but also commitment to carrying through with something despite difficulties.  The love that Mr. Frederickson had for Ellie is inspirational, and the fact that he took Russel under his wing and adopted Dug was beautiful. I cry every time.

What do you look for in a guy?

Honesty, imagination, someone who has goals and is driven, kind, supportive, funny, respectful and family oriented.

What is the worst date you can imagine?

Unfortunately I’ve been on a few of these, but I think the worst date is where the guy is more interested in his phone, talks about his ex the whole time, or just doesn’t talk and open up, is really bad, it’s just awkward for everyone involved.

What is your idea of a perfect date?

Something out of the ordinary. Dinner and a movie sounds nice in theory, but talking while there’s food involved isn’t really a good idea, then a movie you don’t get to talk.  I think something like bowling (even though I’m horrible) or mini golf and ice cream.  Something where we can talk, laugh and have fun without all the clichés and formality of dinner.

What are your hobbies?

Playing piano or singing, reading, baking, puzzles.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

Ireland for sure.  I’ve been before and it is one of the most beautiful countries there is.  It’s so green there, and full of history. I’d love to go again!

What is your dream job? How do you hope to accomplish this?

I’ve gone back and forth between dream jobs, but the most common one is teaching.  I love helping people learn new things. I’m really fascinated with adult education, so I’m hoping to do some courses after my undergrad to get into teaching college programs.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Potatoes.  You can cook them in so many different ways that you won’t get bored eating them day in and day out.

If you could write a letter to yourself when you were ten, what would you make sure it included?

Don’t sweat the small stuff; high school will suck but it will make you a better person; it’s going to be tough and there will be people and teachers who want nothing more than to see you fail, but you need to keep pushing through and do what you love because it is worth it; listen to mom, she knows what she’s talking about; trust your instincts; listen to your friends.

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.