Campus Cutie: Claudio Martini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

“Just remember to smile; it’s the best way to keep going forward, even in the hardest of times.”

There’s no question that Claudio Martini is meant to live in a big city – not only is he drawn to architecture and design, but he is passionate, intelligent, and talented.  Martini has experience on a multitude of musical instruments, including 13 years on violin, and is a lover of animals.  This week’s HC UWindsor Campus Cutie is surely on the path to greatness.  Intruiged?  Learn more about Claudio Martini below in our in-depth interview.

Lucy Hopkins: What five words would you use to describe yourself?

Claudio Martini: Outgoing, fun, talkative, attentive, and sarcastic.

LH: Why did you pick your major?

CM: My late grandfather owned a construction company in Windsor and ever since I was little, I’ve always admired the work that he did.  My passions, design and math, combined to direct me toward my future in engineering.

LH: What do you like most about your program?

CM: The friends that I’ve made really make every day an adventure.

LH: What do you see for yourself for the future?

CM: Hopefully, in the future, I will have a loving husband and family, and a successful career.

LH: How do you like spending your free time?

CM: In the rare occasion that I have free time, I like to hang out with my friends and family.

LH: What do you want others to know about you?

CM: Amongst all my hobbies and passions, my number one would be the study of life and study of the wreck of the R.M.S. Titanic.

LH: What is your idea of a perfect date?

CM: As [quoted from] Miss Congeniality: “That’s a tough one.  I’d have to say April 25th.  Because it’s not too hot, not too cold; all you need is a light jacket.”

LH: What do you look for in someone?

CM: Honesty and a good sense of humour; intelligence and a caring heart.

LH: What is the best piece of advice that you have ever been given?

CM: Just remember to smile; it’s the best way to keep going forward, even in the hardest of times.

LH: What is a major goal from your bucket list?

CM: Going on an expedition to see the historical wreckage of the R.M.S. Titanic.

***

Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.