Cacey Edmondson: HC UWindsor Campus Correspondent and Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

While I only met Cacey Edmondson in late August of 2014, she has been a major inspiration to me from the start.  Like most of us, she doesn’t necessarily know what she’s going to be doing with the rest of her life; but what sets her apart is the drive and enthusiasm that she possesses every single day in taking on the world and the unknown.  While Edmondson will no longer be a Campus Correspondent next year, working with her as the CCs of HC UWindsor has been a blast, and she has significantly helped make our chapter what it is today.  For an awesome early send-off, I met with Edmondson to talk about her experience as CC and her hopes and dreams for the future.

Lucy Hopkins: Being a campus correspondent for the University of Windsor’s Her Campus chapter means taking on both leadership and team-working roles.  This is a very demanding role.  What drew you to the position?

Cacey Edmondson: I’ve always been interested in making a difference and writing about topics people care about, so being in a role that I would have the opportunity to do that made the job interesting.

LH: What is the best thing that you have gotten to do as a Campus Correspondent thus far?

CE: I think the best thing is the type of people we, as correspondents, have had the opportunity to meet. We’ve been in touch with a lot of outstanding leaders and role models on this campus. Getting the chance to learn from them, and to see the accomplishments and positive changes they’ve made to campus, is incredibly inspiring. 

LH: What is something that you will definitely take away from your experience as a Campus Correspondent?

CE: The experience. It’s also been a lot of fun meeting all these amazing people but I’ll probably miss our team the most. It’s been incredible working with them this year and they are not only brilliant writers but very patient, eager learners and very trustworthy friends. I couldn’t thank them enough for all they’ve done for us this year. We couldn’t be anything without them. 

LH: What do you currently see yourself doing as a career?

CE: I have been taking Journalism for the past year but I will be transferring programs into another school for Interior Design and hopefully I’ll get a career in that. 

LH: Where do you see yourself in one year?  Five years?

CE: In one year, I’ll probably still be at school. But in 5 years, hopefully I’ll be getting a job, or living on the coast in either Nova Scotia or BC. Hopefully maybe have a dog and a car of my own. 

LH: What are your main hobbies and interests?

CE: I love playing soccer, wind-surfing, painting, traveling, camping, running, and watching hockey. 

LH: What do you like most about the University of Windsor?

CE: The University of Windsor has a small community and that’s probably what I like the most. You know everyone and making friends isn’t a problem. 

LH: What do you want our readers to take away from our posts and the intentions of our chapter?

CE: I want them to be inspired. To try something new, to hear a different opinion or maybe to feel empowered — be proud of who they are.

LH: What would you like to see the University of Windsor’s Her Campus chapter accomplish?

CE: Since I will be passing the chapter on, I’m sad to leave but I have great hope in next year’s team and I know they’ll do an incredible job. I wish them all the best and I can’t wait to see what HC UWindsor has in store. 

***

Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.