Astonishing Architecture: Dillon Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

This week’s snapshot is a shot of Dillon Hall! This building is the oldest on campus and is considered a local landmark. If you didn’t already know, it was formerly known as the Assumption College building. Built in 1928, it is named after Rev. Daniel Dillon who was president of Assumption from 1922 to 1928!

From inside, the architecture is as astonishing as it is from the outside. The building’s limestone roof towers, stone walls, and beautiful cupolas is what makes it so unique. Students often use the spot in front of it as a study or hangout spot. Back in the day, it accommodated both high school and university students. Today, Dillon houses classrooms, offices of career services and the Student Success Centre.

Tazeen is a second year Criminology major at UWindsor. She enjoys sipping on coffee, sketching, and playing field hockey. Her free time consists of watching horror movies and playing the guitar. Some of her favourite music includes the 1957, Arctic Monkeys, J. Cole, and The Weeknd. She also has a passion for photography and hopes to someday travel and explore the world!