Ashleigh Wilkinson, Cartier Hall’s Building Representive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Name: Ashleigh Wilkinson

Program: Business Administration

Position: Cartier hall building representative

Why did you decide to become a building representative?

“I decided to become building rep because I love planning events and I wanted to get involved within my building and also across campus. I knew joining an organization like WIRC would give me that opportunity.”

What attracted you to the position?

“What attracted me to the position was the event part. I wanted to plan events for my building that everyone would enjoy and I thought it would be a great asset to have on my resume.”

What’s your favourite part of the job as building rep?

“My favourite part of the job is giving back to the community. I love planning events that bring people out that aren’t very sociable and really shy. I enjoy seeing how much they appreciate everything we do and that they are happy about this event happening. “

What opportunities have you had and participated in this year?

“I have had many opportunities with this position. The most important one for me was today, H.E.R.O day, where we went around local communities and collected canned food and donated it to the Windsor-Essex food drive. Seeing how much we raised was really amazing and it made me feel so grateful in being a part of something so wonderful.”

What did you hope to accomplish this year?

“What I hoped to accomplish is making someone’s year and my year memorable and one that they would never forgot. I wanted to make sure everyone had an exciting and fun-filled year so they could leave with memories and a memorable first year. “

Are you going to continue to be involved in WRC next year?

“Next year I will not be a part of the WIRC team since I am living off of campus but I will continue being involved with everything that WIRC as a council does.”

What are your future plans after school?

“My future plans after school is to become a wedding planner. I absolutely love weddings and that would be a wonderful opportunity for me and that is currently my goal.”

Hometown: Douro, OntarioProgram: Digital Journalism, Communications, Media and FilmDream Job: Working for CosmoFavourite colour: BlueFavourite sport: HockeyFavourite animal: Dogs and OttersDream vacation: Italy or GreeceHobbies: Camping, Painting, Soccer, Canoeing, Running, Traveling and HockeySomeone who inspires you: OprahSomething you want to accomplish: Scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia