This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Art in the Park 

Art in the Park is my absolute favourite Windsor festival! Featuring local and national artists , craftspeople and artisans, attending Art in the Park is a way to support the growth of art and culture in our community. For the 43rd year in a row, the Rotary Club of Windsor will be hosting Art in the Park during the first weekend in June, where you can eat, listen to music, and of course, shop from a wide variety of goods created by some very talented people! 

To me, Art in the Park ushers in the beginning of summer; the summers when I have not attended Art in the Park just didn’t feel the same. I always spend way too much money, but it is ALWAYS worth it! The feeling of using mugs and plates, wearing clothes and jewelry, or looking at art that you know was painstakingly hand-made and meticulously thought-out just hits different. Art in the Park provides you with one-of-a-kind goods and experiences that you just can’t get anywhere else! 

https://artintheparkwindsor.com/

AWE (Art Windsor Essex)

A hidden treasure along Riverside Drive is the AWE, Windsor’s very own art gallery. This summer, AWE will have a variety of exciting exhibits, including BioCurious and Aura, two exhibits that bring together my favourite things, art and science! There are also a couple exhibits featuring water, like Water Protectors, which features artwork from Indigenous artists displaying our relationship with water through an Indigenous perspective. AWE also hosts a variety of events and workshops throughout the summer, including Saturdays and Sundays in the Studio, which occur every weekend! AWE at Night features after-hours entertainment, refreshments, and lively conversations about art. Make sure to check it out if you find yourself in Windsor this summer! 

https://artwindsoressex.ca/exhibitions-displays/

Imagine Van Gogh 

Imagine Van Gogh is coming to Windsor! Imagine Van Gogh is an immersive exhibit where images and videos of Van Gogh’s most memorable paintings are projected on the walls. You can walk through this exhibit and view Van Gogh’s paintings come to life! 

You can learn more here: https://www.imagine-vangogh.com/windsor-ticketing/

Art Splash Atelier 

Switching gears a little bit, Art Splash Atelier is a ceramics painting place that is a great site for  chilling with your friends or using a bonding event for teams. HC UWindsor had our most recent bonding event at Art Splash and everyone had a great time and created amazing pieces! 

River Sculpture Park 

Finally, if walking around is more your thing, Windsor’s Sculpture Park along the Detroit River is a great spot to look at some interesting art while spending time outdoors! 

Don’t forget to check out Dahlia’s and Jaime’s Articles about Windsor Walkerville and the many small art businesses you can buy from! 

Giulia Vilardi is Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UWindsor. She oversees all HC UWindsor teams and content. She is also responsible for writing and editing articles, as well as posting to HC UWindsor Instagram and TikTok. Giulia primarily writes lifestyle articles relating to campus life, being a woman and STEM, and cool local spots. Beyond Her Campus, Giulia is a Senior in the Behaviour, Cognition, and Neuroscience program at UWindsor. She spends most of her time working as Assistant Director of Communications for a research lab on campus. She is Co-President of SMArt (a UWindsor club for scientists who love art) where she helps provide artistic services to the science community at UWindsor. Giulia is an avid reader and enjoys creating art of all kinds in her free time. She can't get through the day without AT LEAST 3 cups of coffee. She loves listening to music and is always looking for new music recs!