6 Things You Understand if you Grew Up in Ontario

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Here are 6 things you understand if you grew up in Ontario!

1.    Whenever a friend or family member visits from out of the province, one of the first things you insist they see Is Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls is a beautiful site, and probably one of the more interesting things to see in Ontario.

2.     You acknowledge that Toronto slang is a language of its own. How many times have you heard youtubers or friends in Toronto say things like  styll or “ let’s link up|

3.    You grew up watching TVO kids and shows like Art Attack. Also , who remembers Pingu and Polkaroo ?!

4.    You have either travelled up north and rented a cottage or know someone who has. I personally know so many people who have visited Muskoka.

5.    You either love or hate the fact that you come from the same province as Justin Bieber and Drake. Are you running through the six ?

6.    You have encountered a deer when travelling. They are everywhere  in this province !

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.