5 Things to Love About the Snow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It’s beginning to look like a Winter Wonderland! The snow is (finally!) coming. Many of you may not be as happy about that as I am, but there are so many reasons to love the snow.

1.       It’s Pretty

Snow makes everything prettier. Staring outside a window as the snow falls is the definition of beautiful. It covers buildings and trees and gives everything a little extra sparkle. It sticks beautifully in your hair while you are walking so you look extra awesome in class. The way the sun shines on the snow-covered ground making it sparkle is an amazing sight.

2.                   Winter Activities

Time to lace up those skates! Outdoor skating is so much better in the snow! Don’t forget to build that snowman, as well. Give him some eyes and a nice big smile and maybe he will come to life. Prepare lots of snowballs for an ultimate snowball fight. Just try not to get tackled while playing tackle football in the snow. There are so many fun winter activities. These are just a few. There is also sledding, skiing, and snowboarding, among other things. Race you to the top of the hill!

3.                   Winter Apparel

Fashion does not need to suffer in the winter. There are lots of cute hats, scarves, and gloves you can buy! Find some winter accessories that suit your style.  

4.                   Getting Cozy

Must I say anything else? This is a major advantage. Time for a romantic night of sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace or watching your favourite movie in your super soft pajamas with warm slippers.

5.                   It Can be Used as an Excuse

Snow is one of the best excuses of all time. Late for work? Snow on the roads. Missed a class? Couldn’t clear the snow off the driveway. Also, it’s an excuse to stay home and watch Netflix in your pajamas because it’s just way too cold out there.

There are so many reasons to love the snow this winter. So, let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.