5 Preppy Brands That Joining A Sorority Make You Obsessed With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Ladies, it’s recruitment time once again and what better time to talk about the brands you come to love through joining a sorority chapter on campus? For those of you thinking about joining Greek life, prepare to become very familiar with the following brands – as your fellow sisters will be sporting at least one of these favourites.    

1. Lily Pulitzer

Number one on almost every sorority girl’s list – Lily Pulitzer. This brand basically mass produces unique and colourful prints so that you can match your entire wardrobe and accessories; from dresses to purses and even agenda planners! Lilly also released sorority prints a few years ago – the company discontinued that line due to selling out of the classy prints, but if you’re into crafting, you can definitely create a Lilly sorority print inspired paddle.

2. Vineyard Vines

Vineyard Vines actually caters to sorority and fraternity chapters through their bulk order custom Greek designs – clothing, bags and hats can be personally monogrammed with your chapter’s letters. Overall the clothing company is known for their preppy style, and who doesn’t love a cute whale mascot?  

3. Kate Spade

Kate Spade accessories are all the rave for sorority girls – whether it’s clutches, planners or stylish phone cases, Kate Spade is known for their unique, classic, and preppy products for all your sorority starter kit needs.  

4. Sperry

I know what you’re thinking – aren’t those shoes only for preppy frat guys? Actually Sperry has a selection for men’s, unisex, and women’s footwear. These shoes have a signature classic design that can work with various outfits from dresses to jeans!  

5. Lulus

Let’s talk about formal wear – Lulus has everything from formal dresses to meeting attire.  If you go Greek, there will always be an opportunity to wear fancy clothing, and Lulus is a sorority favourite for formal events.  

So there you have it! If you’re wanting to join a sorority this recruitment season, be prepared to go crazy for these peppy and preppy brands!

Melanie Renaud is a second year Digital Journalism and Communications, Media & Film double major student at the University of Windsor. 
Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.