5 Easy Baked Good Recipes that Saved My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

If you are an overachieving go-getting person like me you have probably signed up for your fair share of clubs and groups on campus, and with all of those extracurricular activities comes a fair amount of bake sales. So today I thought I would share the 5 recipes that saved my life the night before a bake sale. Now for these recipes to be truly lifesaving it is important that you plan a shopping trip at the very latest the night before you bake. Personally, when I make my shopping list I make sure to write how much of each ingredient I need so that I buy enough, as well as raid my pantry to make sure I actually have what I think I have (and enough of it to make the recipe). Another tip is to buy any dry ingredients at the Bulk Barn, filling a bag (or a container you brought from home), is much cheaper than buying a bag at the grocery store that will inevitably have way more then you need.

3 Ingredient Vegan Brownies

A new take on a bake sale staple, these vegan brownies are not only delicious but vegan – offering an option for those usually unable to contribute to more traditional bake sales. Note with this recipe – while delicious the batch size is pretty small so you may want to double it.

https://thebigmansworld.com/2015/10/05/healthy-3-ingredient-flourless-brownies/

No-Bake Salted Caramel Coconut Macaroons

With only 6 ingredients and no baking required, this should be a quick and tasty recipe to whip up, with the added bonus of being a little more unique than the usual bake sale fare. 

https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2016/12/05/no-bake-salted-caramel-coconut-macaroons/

No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites

Who doesn’t love cheesecake or a bite-sized treat? These strawberry cheesecake bites offer the best of both worlds with a simple recipe and an adorable presentation.

https://typicallysimple.com/no-bake-strawberry-cheesecake-bites/

Chocolate Chip Cookies

An oldie but a goody – although this recipe is a little ingredient heavy it has a large yield which is a cheap and easy way to bulk up any bake sale table.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/simple-chocolate-chip-cookies-3362917 

Bulk Barn Brownie Mix

Really have no skills in the kitchen and need the Fray to save a life, run to the nearest Bulk Barn and grab some ready-made bake mix; there is a variety to choose from. It’s cheap, it’s easy, and it’s tasty too.

Zoe Parco

UWindsor '19

Before I started writing this I googled "how to write a website bio", and a key piece of advice I picked up was "to be authentic".  However one has to wonder if authenticity is possible when one is trying to be authentic- and in this world of online media, where the selling feature is the supposed authenticity (these are real people like you!) are we really experiencing other peoples lives or a fabricated copy of their realities.  Anyway I'm studying biology and communications at the University of Windsor, my favourite movie is subject to change; although it is currently Trainspotting (1996), and I am a Capricorn.   
Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.